F430 F1 Twin Turbo Setup | FerrariChat

F430 F1 Twin Turbo Setup

Discussion in '360/430' started by Revoluzion, Apr 12, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Revoluzion

Revoluzion Rookie

Jan 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    Zack
    Hi guys!

First of all, i'll introduce myself. My name is Zack and located in Malaysia, loving my Ferrari F430 F1 Year 07!

Been reading from this forum all this while and would like to thank you guys for all those excellent info and guide/troubleshoot which had help me a lot in solving any issues with the car.

Been having this ride for the past year and loving it, however i do feel a slight of under power. Fine i'll admit, it's never enough speed ;)

I'll like and hoping to dedicate this thread for more in depth on the twin turbo setup to guide other owners in future you are wanting to twin turbo setup their ride.

And obviously, would require all your help and guidance in making this happen.

Main reason for doing this? All happen back during a Ferrari club owner meet up, met this guy with a novitec scuderia 777. Had 777 horsepower and crazy amount of torque, had a ride in it and man the difference between the cars is crazy!

Got caught up with the feeling of it and had restless nights dreaming about it, woke up one day and told my self "lets do this"!

So here's what i've gathered so far, spoke to the guy who had the Novitec 777 and local Ferrari dealers told me its actually bare stock internals and gearbox as our regular F430! Including the clutch is the same unit as well plus its actually running higher compression that stock F430 since scuderia is pushing 11.9 instead of 11.3 comp ratio.

I've also followed a few twin turbo setup threads so far including Justin twin turbo 360 as well, and came to realize, why the hell not?!

Here's the list of parts i would be getting and any inputs of what's more needed or exchanges please do chime in.

1. Pair of Precision Turbo Gen2 PTE 5558 Ball Bearing with "S" ported shroud with .82 A/R housing
    (spoke to precision regarding the best turbo to fit in, however as for the A/R housing is all completely up to us wether we would want instant boost or a sudden kick on higher range which i could stick not sort it out).

2. Pair of Turbosmart GenV 40mm Comp Gate 7 PSI wastegate
    (not sure if 40mm is sufficient enough)

3. Pair of Turbosmart Race Port Blow off valves.

4. Rhodes race car 7 1/2 gallon water tank with water pump

5. Probably a custom Water to Air intercooler tank or have precision turbo to custom make a size we would need.

As for the rest of the parts, i am still unsure to what else would i need to. As for piping works, a friend of mine workshop would be able to do all those piping work.

As for tuning, a local tuning workshop is able to tune the stock bosch ecu for a full tune. Just wondering since its going to be on stock ecu, would probably have to keep the maf attached.

I would appreciate any help, thanks guys

2. Stout

Stout Formula Junior

May 9, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Full Name:
    Victor
    #2 Stout, Apr 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2018
    A friend here in San Antonio had a 430 spider with the Underground Racing twin turbo setup. It made something stupid, like 1300 hp on race gas. If I remember right, it did have a special engine built for use with the turbo system. There are a few videos of the car on Youtube. You might contact them directly.

Here's a link to UGR and the Ferrari 430 kit. I believe that is the car that my friend had.
    undergroundracing.

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    With great power comes lots of other stuff!. I don't know you Zack (have no idea what you still level as a driver or a mechanic is), but 430's being a mid engine rwd car has a certain balance to it. Believe me I only say this because I have a car that weighs 2600lbs (with 650hp) that will go sideways in a straight line if you push the pedal down too hard too fast. There are lost of things to consider first you probably will have to drive the car with everything off, since the traction control will likely come( I have had this happen on many of my modified cars) on all the time if you don't. After 45+ years of taking cars apart and rebuilding them I have learned a lot of things (and blown up a lot more). My advise if you want a rocket ship by a used GTR, it will be cheaper and you might actually get most of the power to the ground. Trust me I'm saving you lots of money, and maybe your life!

Sky Hye likes this.
  4. Revoluzion

Revoluzion Rookie

Jan 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    Zack
    Hi guys,

Appreciate all the feedbacks! As for the underground racing, had been trying to contact them almost a month with no answer yet sadly. Im located at Malaysia, asia region and its not easy to ship the car forth and back etc. At 1300whp with race gas would definitely require full internal rebuilt tho, but 700 and below would not really require tho.

And yes i was an engine builder for 3 years previously, did lots of JDM cars tho never exotic and yes as for power i'll able to control them as i run the F430 on race mode all the time and CST off at times which is crazy fun! (sports mode activate cst most time in lower gear sadly) anyways plus i have a R33 GTS drift car as well.

What i would really want to know is, tapping the oil feed and return oil line, that is what been bugging me all this while since its a dry sump.

As for the MAF, definitely ditching it with a map sensor tho.

5. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I own Justin's car now and i love every second i driver it . Forget doing the built engine with huge horsepower . You only cause yourself more headaches than happiness . My car is bone stock with bolt-on twin turbo setup and it is more than enough power for the streets . It's probably making somewhere around 550+whp and i can tell you that it will wake you up if you're not ready . Oil change and plugs is about all you need for maintenance .

6. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    That being said , I don't know why you would want to disgrace the Ferrari name with twin turbos :D

I figured i would throw out this comment before any others did :rolleyes:

7. Revoluzion

Revoluzion Rookie

Jan 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    Zack
    Hi Jason,

That sounds awesome, exactly as i could imagine! I would greatly appreciate if you could provide some pics of the turbo feed and drain lines.

Besides the F430 has really nice power to it but man with those extra power, it really makes something to it!

I'll appreciate any help you could provide with your 360 mate, thanks! :)

8. sleepinglh

sleepinglh Karting

Jul 30, 2015
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Q
    Wow.... I just found 2 new twin turbo friends :) I'm still in early staged of the TT conversion but I have 90% of the parts ready.
    feed and drain line kit
    [​IMG]

my setup not my engine bay
    [​IMG]

Compressor side same size as yours BUT turbine is .63 AR due to using wet float journal bearing i will have a dedicated 2L oil tank with an electric brass gear salvage/feed pump.

[​IMG]

9. sleepinglh

sleepinglh Karting

Jul 30, 2015
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Q
    Forget Air to air or water to air intercoolers, go with the AEM progressive water/meth injection kit.
    and ONLY inject 100% water no meth for max cooling and detonation suppression.
    Heat soak wont be a problem and it will be way more effective.

10. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Now there are 3 of us here disgracing the Ferrari name brand :D:D:D

11. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth