F355 Market | Page 119 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Don't do what I did, call your CU and ask " how much will you loan me for an almost 20 year old used Ferrari ?"
    I thought you fools, and I put 25% cash into it .........I was laughing all the way to the bank ;)
    ....until I realized my car payment was higher than my house payment ;)
    I have never regretted buying mine at any time, and after 4 plus years still puts a smile on my face every time I start/drive it.

2. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Note the only flaw that really bugged me on the Yellow BaT car was the dash leather. That would have to be addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Pretty much my thought, above the passenger air bag looks a bit ratty.

4. mshobe

mshobe Karting

Mar 28, 2015
    Seattle-ish
    And yes, as others have echoed, BaT is a dangerous website. You could end up with a whole new collection that you'll quickly justify as a series of daily drivers "just for the optionality." Several recent 355s closed on there, so a fun place to mark-to-market various years and configurations.

5. SpeedDT1

SpeedDT1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2018
    Eastern MA
    Ha! I learned that lesson as well when I bought my Maserati GT. Luckily I didn't have to go too much out of pocket on that one; now I'm prepared.
    Love that car, and looking for a 355 to park next to it.

6. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    If you want a good 355, don't expect a deal via an auction site - recipe for disaster. Seek a good car, go thru proper due diligence and negotiate the deal with seller. A 355 is not an auction candidate.

JSinNOLA and Yassa like this.
  7. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Excellent point, I always checked the Carfax first ;).....just for obvious red flags.
    If it lists one or more auctions in the last couple years, I would look no further and focus elsewhere.
    One looked "perfect" until I saw 4 auction entries in the past two years.
    I would also check the Carfax for recall/updates. If the fuel block hasn't been replaced on a 355 by now someone has been neglecting maintenance.

8. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    In my opinion you did well not ending up with it. There are better deals to be had. For the life of me I can't figure out why 355s are so hot on BaT but nowhere else.

9. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Very true Eddie! I got 2 nibbles. I priced mine fair for what I think it is worth to me and on the high side. Yet the value was present. In the end I talked myself out of selling it when I realized I could not replace it. I would gladly buy a 60-90k mile car, with great service and history to drive the wheels off. That is really a car I would like. Then maybe I would sell the GTS?

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  10. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    NEVER sell your 355, unless you have another one in the garage ;)
    After I sold my 328, I had sellers remorse for 13 years until I got my 355.
    It was a period in my life of depression, crying myself to sleep at night, that .......why me sadness that only another Ferrari can fix ;)
    Someone could start a ........the pain and agony of no longer having a Ferrari in the garage.
    But not me, I learned my lesson.

Qavion and carnutdallas like this.
  11. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Hey Rob - Do you want to sell your 355 or not? Sorry, I could not resist :)

Wsmatau and carnutdallas like this.
  12. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I emphatically here and now confirm my intent to keep my car..... As long as I am financially able too

13. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    See ;)
    I just notified my kids their inheritance value just went way down, mine is in the shop for a major engine out.
    I may have to up the limit on my credit cards, and just checked my credit rating in case I need a loan.
    .......and gave the shop a $5,000 check as a deposit to buy stuff, I mean needed parts ;)
    If I had to I would attempt to borrow money from my Dad or close friends, and yes I would lie to get it.
    I have loaned really close friends money over the years, and they paid me back ;) if I have to I will twist their arms.
    I will go to ANY length to keep my car.

carnutdallas likes this.
  14. jgriff

jgriff Formula 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I took mine for a drive today. After putting it back in the garage I felt like giving it another major service just cause I love it so much.

steved033, Enzojr and hammergb like this.
  15. mshobe

mshobe Karting

Mar 28, 2015
    Seattle-ish
    I fabricated an excuse to drive back to the office tonight in light traffic to pick up a folder I didn't need. Reasons to drive your 355 – who needs 'em?

Enzojr likes this.
  16. riccardone

riccardone Karting

May 24, 2015
    Can you point me to where 355s are cold? Genuinely curious, not being sarcastic.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

17. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    IMO the lowest sales are on live auctions such as meacham, barrett jackson etc.

18. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

I need no snow then I can drive.

mshobe likes this.
  19. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    Ferrari, the most prestigious automobile brand. The 355, the most talked about model. Not because it’s the most beautiful. Not because it has the best sounding engine ever. Not because it’s the first to implement new ground breaking technologies in a street car but because it is costly to maintain. So they say and the drum beats on. The sound echoes across internet blogs. The loudest comes from folks who don’t own one at the top and the bottom. Is the drum beat real or just loud noise based on someone interpretation or a one off occurrence. Let’s listen again!

A 355 engine out service can be had for 6k every 5 years. I personally know someone who does for 5k and doesn’t have to be every 5 years. Six even seven year interval is plausible. Let’s take the higher number at 5 years. That comes to about $100 a month. Now let’s compare this number to other creature comfort expenses we don’t think about. My cable bill is $120 a month. My cell phone bill is $110 a month. My typical Saturday outing expense on food/drinks is more than $150. Come to think of it, I spend more on other things than I do on my 355 maintenance. I’m sure everyone here do as well. But how does a 355 maintenance cost co pares to other cars? According to News Network Site, a Porsche Cayenne $1,200 per year. A Porsche 718 Cayman $2,370 per year. A Mercedes S63 AMG $1,843 per year. These are just a few samples. Comparing to other Ferrari’s, the 355 maintenance cost is smack in the middle but no Ferrari captures my eyes better than a 355 spider. That’s subjective of course but those numbers above don’t lie. Let the drum roll one last time and kill it. Thanks for listening. :)

20. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    I know it’s been mentioned before. Someone has a receipt of a $150,000 repair bill. I’m not even going question it’s accuracy. However, I will say, how much of it is due to past or present owners stupidity; neglect, ripped off.

The 355 styling alone is worth $100k. The engine by itself is worth $100k. The sound the engine makes is worth $50k. Of the bat, an average 355 is worth $250k. Future classic value is the icing on the cake.

21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Saw a red 355 today going the other way on the Parkway. I got excited when I saw it, more excited when I cld hear it, and then even more when I saw the rear in my mirror. Satisfaction. Perfection.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

Challenge, Enzojr, Yassa and 2 others like this.
  22. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Mostly what I see on eBay, AutoTrader and Cars.com

23. hjp

hjp Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2013
    Kansas City, Mo.
    Full Name:
    Jerry Peterson

+1 !! And I get a "stock" major every 7 years at about $3,500.

carnutdallas likes this.
  24. riccardone

riccardone Karting

May 24, 2015
  25. flat_plane_eddie

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I actually think that one has a better chance of selling. It’s a very rare combo and has low miles which makes it a good candidate for a collector. I guess we’ll see.

carnutdallas likes this.