2014 and 2015 Ghibli Reliability | FerrariChat

2014 and 2015 Ghibli Reliability

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Cinque, Apr 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cinque

Cinque Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2012
    West Coast
    I am considering adding a 2014 or 2015 Ghibli as a daily driver and wanted to ask primarily about the reliability of the cars. 2014 and 2015 models have depreciated and there are some seemingly good values out there. It seems like a lot of car for the money. However the 2014 models are coming out of warranty this year, so my biggest question comes down to reliability.

I wanted to ask any owners of 2014 or 2015 Ghiblis how your experience has been with the reliability of the car? I have read that there were a lot of initial campaigns where the car had to have things updated, but I was curious how the reliability has been beyond that, and especially lately as the cars age and get up there in miles?

If you are a current owner, are you going to still keep your car once your 4 year warranty expires and brave Maserati ownership without a warranty?

Any opinions positive or negative would be greatly appreciated!

2. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I bet you are gonna hear horror stories. I hear them all the time with those cars.

That said, my wife is so happy with her 2014 Ghibli SQ4 that she will get another - probably 2019 and we will keep hers for our son. Almost nothing in unexpected repairs, in the beginning a few recalls, but all handled. Maintenance & insurance is expensive. Maybe the radio is crapping out but not to the point of aggravation.
    She has 61k miles on it , city driving and it rides fine and fast and fun.

Good luck, cars are always a crap shoot imo

A