F40 Leather Pouch Style | FerrariChat

F40 Leather Pouch Style

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Steve, Apr 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    My one regret about my F40 is that it has no owner's pouch. I keep hoping that one of the previous owners will stumble across it one day and generously offer to reunite it with the vehicle... but that hasn't happened yet.

So I'm always on the lookout for a 1991 pouch kit, and I check eBay semi-regularly for one. I was under the impression that the landscape-oriented Schedoni pouch with the embossed "F40" logo was correct for all model years, but I also see an occasional kit for sale with the same portrait-oriented pouch that accompanies the manuals for my 1989 328 GTS. I've always assumed those kits were incorrect since they had the "wrong" pouch, but is that actually the case?

Did all F40 kits come with the "F40" embossed pouches, or did the factory change the pouch at some point? All the photos I'm able to find (with minimal web searching) of the "F40" embossed kits are for the 1992 model year. Is that coincidence or indicative of a change?

For others with pre-1992 US-model F40s. What type of pouch do you have?

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

If you want the right one, contact Cody Smith at Ferrariliterature.com If he doesn't HAVE one, he probably will find you one, and I 100% guarantee it will be correct for your car.

[email protected]

3. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Thanks. I'll email Cody. Though I'm still interested to hear from owners re: which pouch styles came with their car.

4. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Both Eu/ROW and USA F40s came with this style pouch in this color by Schedoni, embossed with both the Prancing Horse and the 'F40' logo

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Thanks. Can you confirm that is the case with all model years? That would mean that anyone attempting to sell a "portrait-oriented" pouch with an F40 manual kit is either misinformed or hoping potential buyers won't notice...

6. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Exactly

7. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Thanks. That's as I expected, but nice to have another confirmation.