Ricciardo - The future | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ricciardo - The future

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Mar 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko added: "There were not even discussions between Daniel and Ferrari."

Could well be true , although of course Ricci could well be talking to them via an agent, as Max has likely already done too.

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I think they have unofficial contact as most agents employed would do. There appears to be no official agreement as was posted earlier. I tend to think Ricci has no firm idea of his future at this time.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Hamilton is not the God Emperor of F1. Hamilton pulls the same moves constantly then cries on the radio that someone hit him...He's making a big drama out of nothing.

Funnily enough the same thing happened in Bahrain 2014 with him doing this to his own teammate. The right thing to do was either go over the kerbs or back out of the throttle. He didn't, he survived with zero damage. Put up and shut up.

Quite simply Lewis doesn't like being overtaken and always makes a big drama out of it.

stavura likes this.
  4. DF1

Summary of LH in life overall.

Bas, stavura and P.Singhof like this.
  5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Maybe, but he seems to be doing kind of ok with his life so far.Could be a lot worse for sure.

6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    How do you know? Do you know whether he is happy when the door of his hotel room shuts behind him? Do you only judge by outer appearances???

7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Let's put it this way ..

Would you do a straight swap with him?

I think we know what his answer would probably be :eek:

8. jdmwerks

jdmwerks Karting

Dec 5, 2007
    ^^ personally I would NOT. Constant people peppering you wherever you went... ya the money would be epic but not worth it for me.

9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I would swap with absolutely nobody judging without really knowing him in person....only because he has money???

10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Not Even Vettel?;)

11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    No, why would I??? Although I think he might be having a more fullfilled life with his family than Lewis has...

12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    You might have a bit more fun maybe,or maybe not.:(

13. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Ricciardo to Ferrari might be the first move to lure Verstappen in as well given their good relationship. I still by far prefer Vettel though

14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #89 Ferrari 308 GTB, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    After Ricci's stellar drive in Shanghai ,i would be totally amazed if he is not sitting in a Ferrari in 2019.

Verstoppem is much too much of a risk to take on.

Leclerc is not exactly shining ,and needs a year to prove himself, in F1 .

Who else would Ferrari be interested in ?It's a no brainer.

A seat at Ferrari is not something that comes around too often..its time!

15. DF1

The only thing Red Bull need to keep Ricci is an engine......thats the key. I think he is supported by the team and China was an eye opener for them I would hope. Max is not exactly 'leading' the team at all.

16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yep if Honda gets it right then might be worth staying .but can he hang around to find out ?

17. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Ricciardo should stay at Red Bull says Horner

APRIL 16, 2018

Christian Horner thinks Daniel Ricciardo should re-commit to Red Bull for the future.

The Australian, who commandingly won in China, is out of contract at the end of the year and linked with potential moves to Mercedes or Ferrari.

He said serious contract talks about 2019 haven't started, but grinned that Shanghai - where his high-profile teammate Max Verstappen also struggled - "hasn't hurt my position".

2016 world champion Nico Rosberg thinks Ricciardo should talk to Ferrari.

"I remember hating having him behind me in the races," the German said in China.

"If I was him, I'd go to Ferrari. It's the best car at the moment and he knows he can beat Sebastian," Rosberg is quoted by Auto Bild.

Others aren't so sure.

That's because while Kimi Raikkonen is in good form so far this year, Ferrari may in fact be tactically favouring Sebastian Vettel in the races.

Referring to the strategy in China, Red Bull boss Horner told Ilta Sanomat newspaper: "If you look at Kimi's competition, I really couldn't understand the tactic."

And so he thinks staying at Red Bull would be a better career move for Ricciardo.

"I think Daniel's happy where he is at this time. If we can continue to give him a car as we did at this race, why should he go somewhere else?" Horner said.

"He's become a well-rounded professional and I think his form peaked already two years ago actually. He has both experience and speed -- a great combination.

"I think compared to Max, who is still very young and gaining experience, Daniel is at another stage in his career," Horner added.

Indeed, speaking after the Chinese grand prix, where Verstappen made high profile errors, another Red Bull boss Dr Helmut Marko insisted: "Daniel was flawless.

"You can see who can overtake and who cannot. Max was too impetuous," he told Austrian broadcaster ORF.

18. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Ricciardo is good enough to drive for anyone, so whoever opens up a seat probably makes an offer, and it's up to Daniel. I can see him staying (and Bottas and Kimi) for another, or moving if the other teams decide to make a change. I imagine the teams look at it the same way, do we gain or lose with RIC vs. RAI/BOT?

The thought of the RB season with RIC beating VET may or may not be a factor, but man it would be cool to attend team discussions on who they want for the future to see what Toto, Christian, Maurizio are really thinking!

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I would like Ricci, but i9f Ferrari is going to treat him like they are doing to Kimi, they might as well hire Stroll!

20. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Ricci's move on him in China was hilarious because LH has always gone on and on about how late of a braker he is and Ricciardo just clownsuited him

DF1, Finlander, stavura and 1 other person like this.
  21. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    Ricciardo has this uncanny ability to find braking grip. Its just mindblowing. I hope he gets a championship car for at least 1 year. He deserves it.

DF1 likes this.
  22. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I like Ric, I do, but he doesn't make it easy.
    http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/23200895/daniel-ricciardo-china-win-proved-ready-win-f1-title

He wins one and he's already back on the "look at how awesome I am" campaign. Great drive, great win, but you got lucky with the safety car. The drivers like Seb, Lewis, Alonso, NIco, and others have all won compromised races where they capitalized on the mechanical issues, accidents, or oddities for sure... but they also have careers with many more wins earned on pure merit. I wish he'd just slow his roll a bit.

23. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    He runs out of contract...so if this is not the opportunity to drum up business, when else is the time???
    He never had a car that is actually able to win on its own without others having problems or lucky circumstances but he would deserve one. He is at RB since day one of the hybrid era and since that day RB is not WDC or WCC contender anymore.

I hope he is coming to Ferrari and then either Seb can show that 2014 was a fluke or he has to deal with it that another driver is better than him and swallow the pride helping Ricci like Kimi does with him. It is Sebs fourth year at Ferrari and every driver (look at Alonso) only has a certain amount of chances to win the title with Ferrari and if it does not happen this or next year then Seb has to accept that he will not the one bringing the next title to Maranello. They can not support him for the next 5 years trying year by year...

375+ and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  24. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I agree. I’m not sure Seb can get a WDC with Ferrari. I just don’t think the team is up to the challenge. They have the driver, close to having the car, but strategically they trip over their d!cks just about every race...or at least when it counts.

Ric on the other hand has the ability and maybe in the next era Ferrari will be on par with Merc as far as personnel go. Hopefully they’ll have a competitive car still.

25. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    Seb definitely can this year. They just need to fix the team idiots in the team who costing them. Ferrari now have a car that can now defeat Mercedes and RB in all tracks. They just need to have great development in it, and have less idiots trying to ruin their races and statergy. And I think a more lively Kimi would be more helpful. Seb proved this car can do it unlike Sf70h which couldn't beat the merc territory track while this car does. They just need to stop making constant stupid mistakes that are costing them.