Central Indiana FCA | FerrariChat

Central Indiana FCA

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by BEisler, Apr 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    I have been a Ferrari owner since 2006 (1985 308 QV Euro) and at one point was an FCA member. Due to lack of club activities I let my membership lapse. I am kicking around rejoining and was just on the Central Indiana FCA site and see the last time events were posted was 2014!!!!! What the heck? Where is the value?

2. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Few people participated in events, and those that did were often less than welcoming of the "entry level cars and owners". Patriceo has taken on the reigns from Smitty this year, but without a band of volunteers to help organise it will probably be the normal 'Lunch at (fill in restaurant name)' or heaven forbid drive your car a few (very few) miles.
    Porsche club has gone a similar way, numbers are up there but still the same half dozen events each year.
    We live in a vast desert void for car activities bar the race related ones. Even our C&C went to crap!

3. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Sure would be nice to get back the Indy Cars & Coffee of old. Those were really good times . . . . . .

4. Indy360silver

Indy360silver Karting

Feb 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron starr
    we have two 360's down in columbus area, would love to see some more events.

5. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Delivering a 355 GTB down to Louisville Saturday then pick up a 328 in Columbus for servicing on the return trip. Sure help if the weather would move onto Spring.

6. CSDiasio

CSDiasio Rookie

Oct 8, 2011
    United States
    Full Name:
    Christopher Diasio
    Brian- I would be willing to host a group of Ferrari owners meeting at the track on Club Member weekends. It is not Cars & Coffee, but it is a good place to meet and in a car-centric environment. The next Club Member weekend is May 5-6, so email me if you would like to try to put something together. In addition, the Central States Region Ferrari Club is hosting an event August 18-19 at Putnam Park.

brian.s likes this.
  7. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Thanks Chris! Folks this is a fabulous facility, not too far a drive west of Indy. Maybe someone could co ordinate a brunch then visit the track, possibly in Plainfield then caravan out along US40?