Blue Dino at Cooper Classics | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Blue Dino at Cooper Classics

Discussion in '206/246' started by JTranfield, Oct 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Yes, it does take some time to write, Peter. It was simpler before, because all one had to do was put pen in hand and write. Now, one can insert pictures, so they have become mandatory for a journal these days.

I do write technicsl notes on the car in the journal (its main purpose), such as when I changed batteries or the type of oil i used for an oil change, so it is valuable reference. But the asides, such as how good it felt yo drive the Dino, are what make the journal interesting to read. I imagine that, when I am truly old and have already sold the cars, that the journals would provide pleasant reading on lazy afternoons. Days long gone.

Best,

Andres

pshoejberg likes this.
  2. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
  3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    As it happens, I took some photos of mine this morning. Not quite the same angle, but not dissimilar (and nowhere near as good a photo):

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jack-the-lad and chrisf355spider like this.
  4. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Andres and Bluebottle:
    Two smashing photos! It's hard to photograph a Dino from a bad angle, and I never tire of seeing new photos from different vantage points. Bravo! Fred

5. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks, Fred.

While we're on blue Dino photos, I took this one later in the day, with which I am rather pleased (by my amateur standards):

chrisf355spider likes this.
  6. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred

Lovely! Fred

Bluebottle likes this.
  7. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    chrisf355spider and Bluebottle like this.
  8. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred

Andres,
    Just when I think you've taken the best Dino photo ever, you surpass it with the next one! What a breath-taking shot! Fred

9. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Ha ha, thanks, Fred.

10. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    I had not taken the Dino in a while. I bought new sports cars in quick succession, and they, with paddle shifters, air-conditioning, and all, have been the default choices. But early last Sunday, I awoke very early and was in the garage before dawn broke to take the Dino to the Manila Sports Car Club’s annual Historic Sports Cars & Coffee. When I lifted the garage door, I saw the very early morning sky and had to take my phone out to snap a photo. The new phones are very competent, and the resulting photo, without retouching, was spectacular to my eyes. Perhaps Dino Blue was inspired by such a sky.

11. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Andres, I'm inspired by that gorgeous shot. Nothing beats a metallic blue Dino GT, eh? I'll have to wait another three months before my Dino will see the sun around these parts. Thanks for warming my day with your flawless Dino photo. Best wishes for the New Year. Fred

12. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Inspired as well. Every element in the photo is in focus. Usually you see wide angle shots for this, but the image becomes distorted in the process. Not so this one.

13. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Did you take that photo in front of the 1960s and 1970s rock club, The Boston Tea Party, where an amazing live recording was made of the original Fleetwood Mac lineup (including Peter Green) in February 1970 when they actually played ROCK and when Mick Fleetwood could still WAIL on the drums?

If so, you need to find a copy of that album/CD (titled in at least two variations as either Live at The Boston Tea Party or as Live in Boston [Fleetwood Mac] - it is pretty rare - absolutely stomping versions of Oh Well and Black Magic Woman (both written by Peter Green and first performed by Fleetwood Mac, and I think that their Black Magic Woman is superior to Santana's cover, although I still like Santana's version). They sounded like the Yardbirds, maybe even better. Clapton shows up on at least one of the jams, but I think Peter Green outplayed him.

I have two versions, one is on an obscure Japanese label that I stumbled upon while looking for some really obscure punk bands - Alberto and Los Trios Paranoias, Agent Orange, and Manster.

14. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    The album sounds amazing, but, no, I took the photo outside a favourite cafe in Honiton, Devon. It is one of a chain in South West England https://www.bostonteaparty.co.uk/

15. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Thank you, Fred. I’ve been delayed in replying, but Chinese New Year was just celebrated in these parts, so let me greet you as well. Happy New Year! The Dino continues to provide much joy; it is so beautiful and a joy to drive.

Best,

Andy