FF values. What's going on? | FerrariChat

FF values. What's going on?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by puckybadger, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    I've always loved 4 seat Ferrari's and my gated 2002 456M does it for me every time. That said, I have been considering moving up a decade and the FF is my kind of car. Not too long ago I thought $150K for a $350K MSRP FF was a great value but now I have seen some available in the $140's. A 2013 is available right now for $135K in the classifieds here. How low can these go?

modenasong likes this.
  2. Tireman

Tireman Karting

Nov 13, 2011
    Canada
    These are phenomenal cars ... regret selling my '13 FF ... would get it again

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I think they will go to $100k - $110k. They are amazing cars.

Tamahal and Copasetic222 like this.
  4. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    I just purchased a 2015 amazing car, Remember wealthy folks buy new Ferrari Lamborghini etc they don’t buy
    used cars and they change cars like they buy shoes, so now the dealers have to find buyers who can get financed
    For $200,000 etc not that easy these days..
    Daniel.

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    cld go to 70 or 80k. theyre ugly to most people.

spotja, Astrid.Didier, m5shiv and 7 others like this.
  6. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    And by most people you mean anyone not named Stevie Wonder

AshAP, Dayskipper, Rbwiii and 3 others like this.
  7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    lol. ive owned mine since 2012 and its still fugly to me. but i love it.

Coincid, Way2fast, x z8 and 4 others like this.
  8. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    And don’t I just love it ! First time I saw one I loved the concept I’m European and wagon’s we love,
    John Levy of Ferrari Ft Lauderdale a very senior in Ferrari world salesman told me last year
    “Best car Ferrari has built “ and now the best value of any exotic.
    D.

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    best value for an exotic makes sense for sure, along with 458

iloveferrari and Caeruleus11 like this.
  10. Magnani

Magnani Rookie

Feb 26, 2017
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I think they are nearing the bottom. I don’t see them going below 612 prices. Maybe more people like styling of 612, but FF is much better package and F1 transmission will get less and less popular. 612 prices have been fairly stable, look there and add 10-20% IMO

Jaguar36 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I will take a guess that average values never go below 6 figures. Its just too much car and there should be a bit of a gap to the 612.

MDEL likes this.
  12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Disagree with you guys. Look at Dino prices. Beauty matters more longer term. also FFs aren't cheap to maintain. Give them another few years. High mileage ones will definitely be in the 70s.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

13. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think thats a good point. But, I mean the overall average price of an FF. So really high milage ones might be in the 70s, but I think your typical 5-6k mile one will be right in that 6 figure range. Either way, 70-100k, for all this car... thats a helluva deal!

RWP137, otakki, MDEL and 1 other person like this.
  14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Agreed insane value anywhere below 150k. These days an m3 costs 100k and hard to see that getting anyones blood flowing!

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

timjen88, otakki and Caeruleus11 like this.
  15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I actually think the Lusso is the most desirable Ferrari in the current range. The 488 is prettier but the sound is just average. The 812 is just not pretty and looks way too much like a Viper and the rear is so tortured. And the Portofino...dont get me started on it.

I remember how much i hated the FF when it was announced..then i drove one during Cavallino and loved it. I actually think it can be pretty in some specs with the right color and wheels. Same for the Lusso.

16. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

amenasce, epah, MrGreen458 and 3 others like this.
  17. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    There is one out here for $150k. I am surprised as these are nice cars. Still too much for my pocket book though.

18. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I speculate they might discontinue this model in favor of the SUV. If so, then I think the GTC4 and FF might go down as very desirable among a small group of people.

Bundy likes this.
  19. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    This is so spot on. That 812 is hideous. Love the Lusso looks, but not that price. Some day, great 2nd hand car for $175k

20. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Amazing engine, horrible body. Like a 5'10 model with DD breasts and a bad face. The engine/driving experience is special but that body will send it way lower. Wouldn't be shocked if its a $60-80k car sooner rather than later. It's very complicated and expensive to fix out of warranty like all newer cars and the body is one of the least desirable actually probably the least desirable ferrari body of any car produced in the last 30 years. You think the FF is any child's dream car? LOL

21. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    The curse of the 2+2.

It's really too bad because most of the 2+2 are superb driving GT cars. They just don't share the myth of Ferrari being a race car for the street like others.

22. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    And yet, in Los Angeles, a fashion capital, I get compliments from men and woman all the time on the FF in white.

Too many people buy a Ferrari for the weekends, or as investment (more understandable but still annoying), or simply as eye candy. The FF is a practical, daily car. That's cool. It's not meant to make you money. If you can get a good one at 150, or 180, or even 120, just do it if you want one.

FF's are going to bounce in time, yet do NOT buy one as investment and sit on it hoping for 3-10 years down the road ... just drive the damn thing.

I really tire of people who buy a Ferrari and don't drive a Ferrari. Have some balls for crissake and GO GO GO.

The fact that any of these Fcars sit in garages is tragic. Weekend cars as a mid life crisis fix, also tragic.

As far as maintenance costs, it's not that bad if you're ready for a big tranny bill or pay 6500 a year to have insurance. Rotors and pads do not have to be a dealer item. Tires. Oil changes etc after 7 years old. They are not a bad car long term compared to any other and especially compared to an older Ferrari.

23. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    I do have to agree that the car is slightly more complicated as modern cars go but only because of one additional component for that nimble front drive system. To a guy that is 6'6" and having owned a stick F430 spider, I found unfolding to get out of the car out weighed the the visceral feeling, it was time to move on. The FF is a gentlemen's car that can fit a tall driver but the capacity is reduced to a three seater. Hard to make a car with a proper back seat or a spacious boot and provide a swooping rear body line but Pininfarina gave it the look that would make it timeless and stand out IMHO. I like all the voluptuous views of the car in contrast to exotic car designers that are moving into designs with sharper body angles.

It was Ferraris first innovated four-wheel drive product and last Pininfarina designed 2+2 car that will appreciate well in time. Looking back at owning a F430 I felt it might have been a little selfish because now I can share the ride with more people and take weekend supplies with us. We just have not hit the bottom of the depreciation clock just yet and it will take far more years to come back up then it has taken to come down. I predict the FF will have a following similar to the greatly appreciating first gen GT4 2+2, but with the GT quality ride and amenities there will be much more miles on the FF if they hit that age.

Below are pictures of my 2012 FF getting a Ferrari authorized paint job and then stretching Suntec Ultra over the entire car include a hood that size without a seam. It was followed up with 2 coats of ceramic/nano coating and a windshield protective film. I've been known to be a bit annal when it comes to my Ferraris.
    Now I'm ready for the annual meet this year.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    The idea that a Ferrari can be an everyday car has nothing to do with the driving or maintaining of the car. Most of us could probably care less about the maintenance costs of the car. I have a 575 and a mclaren slr, they can be driven everyday if you have a ton of free time on your hands to sit and take pictures and field questions from all the people that are coming at you everywhere you go and if you have the guts to leave it sitting in the parking lot when you run into the grocery store and don't mind coming out to a mom with her 2 kids putting their hands all over your car. Other than nonsense like that they're just cars. I personally love driving my cars but they just can't be daily drivers, I dread stopping to get gas in my cars bc I know its going to turn into a 15-20 minute game of 21 questions and me having to snap pics of people, people asking me if they can sit in it, and people asking me how fast I've gone in the car over and over and over.

With that out of the way, the FF is a cool car, but its a modern ferrari thats out of warranty, that is a nightmare waiting to happen. For me to sit on a potential timebomb like that, it needs to be a damn sexy car like my 575 or my SLR, the FF is a very cool,functional car, but cmon lets no pretend like at $130k a mercedes S65 isn't a better daily driver with 4 seats.....I have one and its literally the best car I've ever owned. It has all the speed of a ferrari, all the comfort of a rolls royce, and all the technology that you could ever have in a car. The only thing it lacks is drop dead sexy looks......as does the FF......they're both really cool cars but at least I can go get groceries in my S65 or get gas without being mobbed by people.......so the FF is kinda in this weird spot where nobody is going to buy it as the weekend car and as a daily driver its going to get annoying fielding questions everywhere and doubtful many enjoy just leaving it in random parking lots like you would with a normal car.......and then maintenance is going to start getting pricey as soon as a few tech components fail.......and thats why imo its a $60-80k car in waiting. The 612 is a better looking car imo and thats where many of those are trading right now.........

x z8, tres55 and Makuono like this.
  25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    totally agree