For Sale - 2001 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 - Red over Cinnamon | FerrariChat

For Sale 2001 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 - Red over Cinnamon

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Piper, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #1 Piper, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2018
    As I typically do, I bought it, dumped a ton of money into it and have lost interest. I have $35k in this car. Perfectly willing to deal.

New top. New Water pump. New coils and plugs. New IMS bearing. New Oil air separator. Main seal. CV boots. New speakers. New Subwoofer. New Amp. New and extremel EXPENSIVE Porsche air box. Mechanically perfect.This 911 Carrera 4 has a beautiful and rare full leather interior in custom cinnamon. The car comes with two sets of wheels, one set of ultra rare Turbo I hollow twists pictured and a second set in black matte with red pinstripe. Both sets come with serviceable tires, brand new rear tires. I've only had this 911 for about 18 months and poured my heart into it. I've been rejuvenating the leather interior with leatherique the entire time and it's nice and supple. Unfortunately in the last year my daughter has decided she will no longer be seen in sports cars and my son has lost interest. Everything I hoped to do with this car is now off the table. She runs absolutely beautifully. Will make the new owner very happy. I'm into her for about $35,000. My loss is your gain.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/733131279/overview/

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Will listen to offers in the $25k range.

3. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    miles? The link does not go to cars.com BTW. I'll run over there regardless thanks

4. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Yes, I noticed the link doesn't work after it was too late to edit. It's not the link, it's Ferrarichat preventing it, it seems. It's right around 75k miles, purrs like a kitten.

Also for anyone listening that would rather have silver swists instead of the collector Turbo I Hollows (chrome isn't so popular, I realize), I have a trade in the works for a newly refurbished, literally JUST painted and coated set of twists that I'll be trading all the existing wheels for if the car doesn't sell sooner. The current wheels are faster a rarer, and to the right buyer worth maybe $1500, but very few takers for chrome.

5. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Love that interior color. GLWS

6. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    agreed, great (and rare) color combo.

will make a great summer toy for someone!

7. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    That's guys. That was the idea, to find a unicorn that checked all the boxes for my family. My son wanted RED. My daughter wanted a convertible. I wanted the full leather and love darker tans and browns. Anyone who knows these cars knows that a 17yr old example is either going to be a piece of **** that needs $10k in work, or you pay 20 cents on the dollar to some poor sap like me that already dropped $10k, or in my case $13k. Now my daughter has decided that she cannot be seen in a sports car and she means it. And we have the Cali now and my son obviously prefers the Cali. I'd still like to have the 911 to get the same enjoyment when driving the Cali isn't appropriate, but my son complains that it's not the Cali all the time, complains that it's a porsche! Spoiled, but it's my fault. And I'm paying for it.

8. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
  9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    arizonaitalian likes this.
  10. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I showed this thread to a guy I work with who is sort of looking and he said the same thing.

11. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Tell him to get over it. It's the 21st century :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I will let him know! ;)

13. clonmeliw

clonmeliw Karting

Aug 27, 2016
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Jeff Fischer
    Hi Bob -

How do I PM you? I used to know how to do this but am not spotting the link anymore.

Jeff

14. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Hey Jeff. I think if you click on your avatar it should take you to your profile and then
    Hey, Jeff. If you hover your cursor over your profile name on the very top right of the page, a menu will pop up. One of the options is conversations. Click on conversations, then click on start a new conversation. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

15. RMDC

RMDC Formula 3

May 15, 2005
    Boston, North Shore
    What state/ metro area of the country?

16. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Wash DC roughly, about 40 miles west.

17. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
  18. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Love the interior. Way nicer than the standard gray that most cars have.

GLWS

Piper likes this.
  19. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
  20. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I just dropped the price some $1500

21. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I had forgotten that they used to come with the hardtop ... I should have known because I had a 99 C2 cab back in the day. Dealerships used to be littered with the tops as no one wanted to keep them in the garage.

The 996 is a great value, it's really just the styling cues on the front end (Boxster headlights) and slab sides that have knocked the values down compared the the 993 and 997. Nothing at all wrong with the car itself, unlike the 2.7 74-77 911 which had serious engine issues. GLWTS.

BTW, anyone can generate that build sheet on a Porsche by swapping their VIN# to the end of this link. You will need to cut and paste it into a new browser window and you can print or save it to a PDF file, it won't open on the screen.

http://admin.porschedealer.com/reports/build_sheets/print.php?vin=WP0CA2A95DS140168

It is more accurate on later cars, as the option codes changed.

22. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The older SL's were the same, not that I owned one, but those removable hard tops were garage ceiling decorations.

I became a Porsche customer not as a sports car customer, I fell in love with Cayennes and after four of them decided to try a 911. I actually like the headlights on the 996 more than any of the others, not just because they match my beloved 955 TTS, but because every other 911 they've ever built looks like a VW bug to me. More blasphemy, I like the clean, straight panels of the base 996 Carrera as opposed to the broader haunches of turbos or later models. I like everything about the way this car looks except for the fact that it isn't a Ferrari.

Texas Forever likes this.
  23. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex

I believe that link only works on 2000 and later cars. I have tried for my 99 and it comes up car not found.

24. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    All, for two weeks only I'm willing to shave $2k off the price, from 5/6 to 5/20. My wife's 40th birthday is coming up, and getting this car out of the driveway will help decide what she gets for a present. If it doesn't sell in the next two weeks, I'll probably put the price back to what the car is worth to me. For the moment, $22,500 through 5/20.