Filming underway with some 3x8's | FerrariChat

Filming underway with some 3x8's

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by F355steve, Apr 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I passed by a filming site many times recently and could not help but notice 3 different Ferrari's on display. All are of the 3x8 denomination. I recall that at the recent FCA meet there was conversation about someones vehicle being requested by filming crews for use in what I that was some variation of a Magnum PI reboot.

Is that what was going on there? Two of the vehicles I saw were red and one was yellow with what looked like non factory bodywork/flares, ect..

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I know the reboot has started filming, so it is possible. The yellow one may be BC's 308 with 288 GTO bodywork. I thought he sold it years ago, but I could be wrong.

3. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That sounds like the car. It did resemble 288 style bodywork. The site had big reader boards on the nearby roads for many days warning of "simulated gunfire" to motorists in what I presume was a warning to not make people overreact to noises and swat teams and such. The location is right in town area so I am sure any others saw. The cars were just parked out in the open for at least a couple weeks.

4. yronZFF

yronZFF Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2009
    FIVE-O
    Full Name:
    Ron
    BC also told me he sold his yellow 308 with 288 GTO bodywork years ago.

5. 808Forza

808Forza Formula Junior
    Owner

Jan 5, 2013
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gil
    There's another 288 GTO tribute car at the filming studio in Diamond Head and belongs to one of the workers. It's purpose built for track
    Image Unavailable, Please Login