Freebie 612 Major Stuff | FerrariChat

Freebie 612 Major Stuff

Discussion in '612/599' started by Piper, Apr 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I bought a couple of kits from Ricambi before the major on my 612 a few years back. In the process of sorting, the mechanic felt certain things weren't necessary like the cam seals, and the Ricambi kits came with extras. So if anyone wants any of this stuff, let me know. You pay shipping obviously, otherwise free to good home.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. LotusS4

LotusS4 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi! I’ll gladly take it :) please please let me know how we can set it up

Thank you

John
    2005 612

3. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Just pm me with an address. When I have a box that works I'll take it to the UPS store and get a quote for you. Then you can call the UPS store and pay them to ship it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. LotusS4

LotusS4 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    John
    Excellent, sending you a PM now with address

Thank you!!!

John

5. nart

nart Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Bob, I am shocked by your poor behavior in this thread. I stumbled across your generous offer within minutes of your posting it and immediately got on the phone with John (LotusS4) as I knew he would benefit from these parts. John owns three Ferraris including his 612. Within fourteen minutes of your post, John, at my suggestion, messaged you and posted in the thread he would really like to have the parts and would gladly pay the shipping and you acknowledged this and told him the parts were his. Now, a week and a half later, you appear to be reneging on your offer and not even having the courtesy to respond to John. While I fully understand that you were giving these parts away, your integrity leaves a lot to be desired by these actions.

6. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I have the parts sitting here waiting for a properly sized box to ship them. I did get multiple requests for them, and your buddy isn't a subscriber here, nor a verified owner. This is Ferrarichat, I've paid in, gone to the effort to be verified, and add value to the forums as have others who are interested in the parts. LotusS4 is a lurker, unsubscribed and unverified who adds no value to the forum. After having reached out to him to ask about whether he's an owner, I was still planning on sending them to him. Not now. I'd rather throw them away rather than give them to either of you. How's them apples? If you'd had the decency to verify him privately rather than dragging me through the mud openly, they'd be yours, or his. Not sure who addressing at this point, little weird to be honest. Hope it was worth it. You just cost your buddy the parts. With three fcars though I'm sure he knows Ricambi's number.

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bob- I am with you on this one. Very bad taste from whomever nart is. How not to make friends and influence people on his part.

8. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Taz, thanks. Outrageous. This morning and before my coffee I held lotuss4 guilty by association but I'm not quite so irate now. And I'm in no hurry. When a flatish box appears, I'll decide whom to send them to. Probably won't post about it though.

Makuono likes this.
  9. Jumprun

Jumprun Karting

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    T. Martinez
    And I thought I was an Alpha Hotel, I'm a piker compared to this guy and his buddy.

10. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

nart.

24 hours in the sin bin for attacking a well respected, delightfully generous member here.

I'm being as generous with the length of the ban as Bob was with his excess parts.

Jumprun

24 hours for calling a member an *******, even in code, even if his behavior was less than perfect.

C'mon guys.

Dave

brogenville and tifoso2728 like this.
  11. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    I'm a little late to the party but was curious if these parts are still available; we'd love to have them. I'd be remiss - but absolute candor is needed - if I didn't mention that we'd be reselling them. If you feel they'd be better "appreciated" by a physical 612 owner opposed to a Ferrari dealership, we completely understand!

12. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    No harm in asking ;) You're definitely late to the party. I'm just waiting for a box, but they're taken. Thanks for the like above, BTW. It's appreciated. I'm not entirely blame free here, if I were going to limit it to verified owners I should have thought to post in the owners forum first. Didn't think it through until faced with the dilemma. But I sure appreciate that everyone gets my intentions were honorable.

13. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    Understood and thank you for the consideration!

14. Jumprun

Jumprun Karting

Feb 7, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    T. Martinez
    I apologize, I deserved it, no excuses, won't happen again.

15. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Gracias, no permanent harm.

D

16. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    If you have not been banned at least once, you are not trying hard enough. Right, Dave?

17. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Guess I'll have to try harder ;) :D

18. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I was warned once for having a potty mouth, does that count?

Come to think of it the word was close to potty. :D