Looking for 458 spider | FerrariChat

Looking for 458 spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by scycle2020, Apr 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    After a long battle with illness which is currently in remission, I am thinking of getting of a 458 spider. I was thinking 2013-14 with moderate miles. Is it possible to get a clean one for around 200k? Any tips and experiences you guys have be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much and I missed being on this site! Seppy

QueueCumber and Afonsolaw like this.
  2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Perhaps from an independent dealer or auction with 15k miles. Should be possible.

3. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I believe that is very close to doable. Keep in mind if you find the right car that ticks all the boxes , don’t be afraid to spend a couple more dollars and get exactly what you want. I promise you will be happier in the long run. Enjoy the process of finding the right car as that’s always part of the fun. Best, Kirk.

4. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    Which also raises the question is it worth paying extra getting the car from a Ferrari dealership. Paying $4k extra a year for extended warranty is not worth it to me. In 5 years you have paid 20k! I would take my chances.

5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I wouldn’t and didn’t.

6. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

A quick peruse showed a Nero Daytona 2013 spider 15k miles nicely optioned for 204k at Ferrari Palm Beach. Best , Kirk.

7. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I hope you find your dream car and enjoy it in good health for decades to come.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Afonsolaw and Cigarzman like this.
  8. TheDiffuser

TheDiffuser Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser
    Likewise - you've been through the hard yards. Try and get as close a spec to what you want as possible. But IMO I'd prefer solid service history over, for eg, the car not having a reverse cam.
    The 458 Spider I bought gives me so much pleasure! I added a couple of options that it didn't come with new and I'm all good to go.
    Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    Thank you so much.

10. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    Thx, you are right. We always want to get the best the deal and save the most but when it comes to emotional passionate decision like this, the heart needs to take over the brain!!!

11. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    definitely doable. I think there are a few for sale under 200k, even CPO ones

12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Given the use of the term "remission," I can only assume you mean cancer.
    So...having said that...congrats and I hope to God it stays that way for many years to come!
    Get the 458 Spider, you cannot regret it, it is sublime.
    Don't worry about an extra $10K..you fought cancer after all.
    Then after you have it...don't just polish it in the garage...drive it..drive the wheels off it.
    Go on road trips with friends..thousands of miles.
    Cancer didn't beat you...don't let anything else defeat you.

13. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    God cured him, Fu@$ the doctors right?!

Enjoy the Spider ;)

14. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Get it enjoy in good health even if you have to pay a little more then expected get the perfect car for you!

15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Wtf are you on about?

16. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    Thx so much for the kind words. I am very lucky to still be here. And it's very day to day at this point. So if anyone knows you must live for today- it's me!!! With the that said, the rational logical side always comes in and says it make more sense to get a 911 cab- cheaper, less attention, more everyday usable, etc. But screw it,you only live once!

Cigarzman and Afonsolaw like this.
  17. Joegnsx

Joegnsx Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 1, 2012
    Valrico, FL & Franklin, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gliksman
    I just bought a 2014 but was looking at 12-14’s and there are many 12-13’s you can get for 200K—even at dealerships.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  18. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Yes all depends on mileage spec year collor combo options and service history etc.....

19. QueueCumber

QueueCumber Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    Good on you for making the most of every day. Even for people who haven't had an illness, they could still drop dead any time. That's why I drive these kinds of cars. Life's too short to not enjoy life to the fullest...