When will we start to see 812s for sale? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

When will we start to see 812s for sale?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by F355 Fan 82, Apr 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    The LaFerrari isn't originally his. He bought Robert Herjavec's who was going through a divorce and divested his collection. He isn't a valuable client of Ferrari's, but makes it seem like he is. The Ferraris are his, but not the McLaren, Porsche, etc. The 812 might not depreciate but it will be worth it over an SV.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I know its unsolicited, but what the heck, my advice, if you want an 812, see if you can make a deal where you buy a pre-owned F12b and then you would be able to order an 812 to your spec. I don't know how long it would take to get the order but probably another 12-18 months is my completely wild guess. In the mean time, you are driving one of the all time great Ferraris. You will probably lose money, probably about the premium on an 812 today, but, you will be building a stronger relationship and being able to order your 812 just so. If you're willing to spend more on the 812, perhaps see if they can do a Tailor Made build.

3. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I spoke with my local dealer recently when I pulled in bc there was an 812 in the window. They know me, I'm a customer, I have a 575 and I bought my SLR from them. Those are the only 2 cars I have but both from them. Even so, I cannot order an 812, which is fine I get it, Im not up high on the food chain I just have 2 cars, and one isn't even a Ferrari. I told them Im fine paying over sticker, but even so there are none right now. The one on the showroom floor, the owner doesn't want to sell but apparently he doesn't even want to drive it either lol so he just leaves it at the dealer, thats awesome, I mean truly awesome, when you buy $500k cars and don't even like them enough to drive them so you buy them and dont even want to drive them! What a great brand ambassador Ferrari has chosen to bestow an 812 upon!

4. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Then I recommend patience.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  5. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Its not really a big deal, I was just curious when they were going to be available, if its soon cool, if its not, there's plenty of other cool stuff I can buy. I'd love to have it, but life's too short to wait around.

6. Andrew Honychurch

Mar 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndrewH
    I think you may find the F12 is the car to own. As the OP said, its one of the all time great Ferraris, perhaps, the greatest GT Ferrari?

7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I guess every dealer is probably different, certainly there are unique market forces at play, but this path is EXACTLY the one I took. Last summer I purchased a pre-owned CPO F12 (only 259 miles!!) from a nearby dealer. Shortly later I was able to secure a place in line for an 812 and submitted a deposit. Last month I completed my spec at the dealer and he said to expect it spring 2019, maybe sooner. I guess that would be around 18 months after the initial deposit. Not fast, but I am not in hurry. I have an awesome car in the interim (about to move past 2000 miles on the ODO).

Side note, when comparing the F12, I test drove a several cars including a regular Huracan. I loved it, and even though I chose the F12, I ultimately could not get it out of my mind and subsequently ordered a Performante, which was originally scheduled for late spring 2018 and by a weird twist of fate, I moved up in line when another order of an identical spec fell out. I ended up taking delivery in early Dec. The dealer also assured me that I would be one of the early recipients of the replacement Aventador when the time comes which is an added bonus.

I’m very new to exotics (the F12 and HP are my first two), and while I am certain that there are often tons of games and gamesmanship in acquiring these cars, at least for me, the process has been fairly straightforward. Call me crazy, but waiting for ordered cars to come in somehow adds to the drama and excitement of the process. Of course, waiting is made all the easier when you other cars to pass the time with.

8. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Of course ordering a car is incredible, I commend you guys who do it, I just don't really have any interest in that. Life is short, my best friend passed away last year from the flu, thats not a joke, 32 years old, got the flu, didn't take care of himself figured the fever would subside on its own, it got so bad in the night he had a seizure and died. We could die at any moment from anything: car crash,heart attack, who knows. I will happily pay $50-75k over sticker for an 812, thats not the issue, I just want it now, I don't want to wait years for it. The problem is Ferrari values the collectors in its lineage and one of those guys near me apparently loves the car so much he don't even want to drive it, at least thats the case with the one near me! I have 2 incredible exotics an SLR and a 575, and I find time to drive both multiple times weekly. You gotta enjoy life, I don't get these guys that want to buy the 812 bc they love it so much yet not only do they not wanna drive it, they don't even want to look at it in their garage so they leave it with their dealer. Just an amazing world we live in! Maybe one day I too will own so many exotics I won't have time to even look at one of them!

9. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congrats @Thecadster ! That's great!

@F355 Fan 82 - I'm very sorry about your friend! That's horrible! The dealer stuff is more or less how it is. And its not for any of us to understand why that 812's owner has supposedly left the car at the dealership. There could be any of a million reasons, or more than one. You just don't know. I agree life is short. I used to think similar to you, but there are things worth waiting for and a new Ferrari is one of them. As I see it, the time is going to pass either way. One way you can not be sitting a Ferrari, or one way you can. I choose the Ferrari. If that means you're driving an F12 instead of an 812 for a few months, you know what I call that? Winning. Enjoy each and every moment.

10. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Really? Care to elaborate? I only know what I've seen on Shark Tank.

11. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    In another thread, as one member theorized, David only uses the brand to market himself. Let alone he designates himself as Ferrari Collector David Lee using the brand's font, but he also uses the Ferrari logo with an Asian lettering instead of the prancing horse. The man practically markets himself as if he's a close partner of the brand. Then you have the infamous background of his fake 250 Competizione he says is legitimate and goes as far as to claim an expert like Joe or Marcel don't have all the facts like he does.

I would say it's a classic case of narcissism.

iloveferrari and SAFE4NOW like this.
  12. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Feel exactly the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Just wait. The 812 will lose value.
    I turned down Pista at “buy a Cali or Lusso” games. Was promised a Pista and apparently lied to or the rules changed. Either way, I’m not interested if that’s how ferrari plays. And I had a Speciale and am on my 3rd Ferrari.

Lambo rang up and offered a Huracan Performante Spider at MSRP, first ones being built. Comes with opp to get the next aventador (if they fix that horrible gearbox). Great dealer relations.

Going forward my F cars will be purchased second hand at discounts and from who i want, not in my 100 mile radius nonsense. Love the cars, hate the game. Some day this will tip the brand to declines.

iloveferrari likes this.
  14. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    It’s sad.

I’ve read on Rennlist that Porsche dealers have played similar games offering GT buyers cars at a certain price point, whether it’s MSRP or $15-25k over and then coming back with $50k+ because they promised too many clients with not enough allocations. And these are to people who have bought several cars as well, from the same store.

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    You can also get a 911 GT2 RS at +$125k to $200k.
    Car just doesnt do it for me, visually and the muted sound. Compare that to the Performante coupe and it's a no brainer.

R J likes this.
  16. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    He fell out with Ferrari due to flipping his cars, and had a divorce and had to sell off many assets.

17. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    They will start to be available once the "first right of refusal" agreements expire. I think the shortest tends to be 6 months (i.e. you can't sell your new Ferrari until you've owned it for 6 months).

Generally the people who've received the first allocations are in good with the company, so are not willing to damage their relationship with Ferrari by breaking that agreement.

I imagine we will see used listings in the next couple of months.

18. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    oh really

19. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I have met Rob a few times (same industry) I am just curious as to how you would claim that he was in a scandal? Same with Marc M. he is the one cool Ferrari owner, one that actually drives all his super cars!

20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Who is Marc Muzzo? All google gives me is drunk driving case.

21. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    To the OP, i know you dont want to wait, but picking up an F12 for the summer and getting your 812 next year is not that bad of a deal. Esp since it will reinforce your relationship with your dealer and you will then be in a much better position to get the cars you want next. You are 32 and with money to buy them so Ferrari will listen (as opposed to a 70+ who is a short term revenue stream for Ferrari).

Also, i am sure 812 will start to pop up on the secondary market but i am sure they will be coming with asking in the 550-600k.

22. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    In Europe there are already a few for sales, most just below 400K Euros - I am not sure how it compares to their list prices since they are probably early examples, which had to be heavily optioned.

23. Sylvainsm

Sylvainsm Karting

Aug 18, 2017
    Los Angeles
    I have two 812s in my collection in Southern California. One is Nero Daytona with Bordeaux/Nero Interior and the Other is Rossa Corsa on Tan interior.

I accept offers and both have under 1k miles.

24. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private

You seem to have a passion for Ferrari. This is a good thing.

There are many inconsistencies in what you type. You say I make a “ton of money.” This fits in quite well with what a Lamborghini buyer usually says, actually.

And yet you complain about the Ferrari dealer’s service costs, the Ferrari dealer’s request that you have some buying history with them to purchase a highly in demand vehicle. You state that you would never buy a California T or a Portofino. Certainly someone saying this on a public site endears themselves to Ferrari.

The last bit of terrible math is what sent me over the top in needing to reply: the 812 you say will lose some $200k fairly quickly, so you will go get an Aventador SV. Never mind that one of my SV’s is currently for sale for $50,000 under sticker with no activity and that my 812 would sell for $50,000 over sticker, but do you even know the SV is being replaced this year by the Jota?

I love your passion for Ferrari. Your friend’s who all drive Lambos are less about the cars than the show. Once they can talk about the driving experience in relation to other exotic cars, and not about the mods they’ve made to their exhaust or their new wrap job, then they might start earning credibility.

Peer pressure is a tough thing. Is it important for you to follow the crowd or to have a better exotic car than your friends?

Finally, you really need to review pricing and depreciation more closely. No current Lamborghini is holding value. The 488 coupe and spider I had both had little or no depreciation over the 6 months and 18 months respectively I owned them. The 812 will hold its value for over a year. Lambo is making a lot of Performantes so while it is a fun car, I have no illusions that I wont lose money on that car. Also, I believe the Pista will be an even better car. Both SV’s I bought thinking they’d hold their value, and they have not. You don’t even need to compare the 812 with the SV in terms of driving quality. Use an F12. Vastly superior road control, smoothness of acceleration, handling. The SV is sexy and loud, but a much worse driver.

25. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Im not complaining but lol why would I pay the dealers $220 an hour labor charge when my tech was the head of the ferrari dealer and opened his own shop and now charges $120/hour. You can pay for the fluff but I still get the best technician from my former dealer and now he has his own shop. He told me about all the markups and bogus charges of the dealer and frankly he's the best around. The SV will hold value way better than the 812 are you serious? Look at old murcielago SV cars today, diablo SV cars, they're rare production cars the 812 is not.......