FF values. What's going on? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FF values. What's going on?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by puckybadger, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    ️ this EXACTLY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bundy and crinoid like this.
  2. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Yes.

3. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    The Tesla may be a bit quicker than S65 for a few runs but if I wanted a Chev interior I would buy Chey. Absolutely no comparison to an S65 interior! I haven't looked at the 2018 Tesla interior but the 2017 was a real bust. My friends who got one put in a new interior after they took delivery. I can't put any Tesla at the top of any food chain. Actually the new Chevs may have better interior than the Tesla?

Also the Tesla has significant range issues. Besides with a S65 you can fill up anywhere and not wait an hour + to do it. I had a CL55 for 2007k miles on the clock when I sold it and was the best all-around car as DD I’ve ever owned. I believe the 65 is a bit more expensive to maintain from the dealer's comments.

I too struggle with the FFs rear quarter looks but it is certainly a value at the going prices today. My concern would be putting serious miles on it as DD relative maintenance costs if I ever get over the looks issue.

4. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I do not know about the reliability of the FF. That is why I brought it up. If they are doing well (given there is some complexity), then fabulous. As I've mentioned, I kind of like shooting brakes, so the FF is well within the field of view. I, personally, like it better than the 612. I think the 612 got too long in the front without a counterbalance in the rear. The FF has that rear balance so I actually think its a better design.

But then I was a really big fan of what the young man did to the Jag E-type in "Harold & Maude".....I can see this done with a FF.....now that would be a hoot!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. bearmdjd

bearmdjd Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    I’ve got a Tesla P90D as my daily driver, a 488 spider for weekends, with a Lusso on order. The Tesla build quality is complete crap. I have stuck foam in places to make it stop rattling and creaking. It has the worst build quality and crappiest interior of any car that I have driven since the 90’s - complete garbage. The ludicrous/insane mode button is stupid and a waste of money for something that I never have any practical use for and also reduces range even if you don’t use it.

The problem for me is that the Tesla has by far the best auto pilot system available on any car. I also get HOV access and it gets me into express lanes for free. Thise two things combined make it hard for me to replace the damn thing with something more comfortable.

I’d love to get a S63 coupe and alternate it with the Lusso as my daily but I’d be sacrificing HOV/express lane access and I love the autopilot as an insurance policy for my distracted driving during long commutes. That said I put a deposit on the Polestar 1 and hope the Porsche Mission E will clobber the Tesla in a year.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Totally. I will never own a tesla.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

timjen88, JAM1 and Bundy like this.
  7. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Personally I wouldn't get both an S63 coupe and a Lusso. Both are very similar cars with very similar use cases. At least the Tesla or another high end electric vehicle would be different to drive.

Caeruleus11 and bearmdjd like this.
  8. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Well funny you bring up the Mission E. My Pcar dealer where I "was on the list to get on the list" for the Mission E finally called me and I just put a deposit on the Mission E so now I am really on the list. But still don't have any information on options colors etc other than there will be three levels. Anything that Porsche does will be way better than any Tesla perhaps not as fast as lidicrous mode but the Level III edition is still going to be pretty quick.from looking at the proposed specs.

bearmdjd and G. Pepper like this.
  9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    #59 dustman, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    My tesla S has been flawless for 35k miles not a day for service in nearly 3 years. Same for Co workers.

Tech and speed own.

Enjoy.

Jaguar36 likes this.
  10. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    I was debating between a Tesla and a FF and went with the Tesla because of the impracticality of daily driving the FF. With the FF I would have needed another car to daily drive, which I don't have space for. I think thats the real problem with the FF and what will hurt its resale prices. It's trying to be a practical car you could use everyday regardless of the weather, but for most of us, doing that with a Ferrari just isn't practical.

I never considered the S65, can't stand the interior on those cars. The giant center console, ridiculous speaker grills and the super busy dash just screams trying to hard.

No idea where you got the impression launching the car repeatedly will make you need a new battery, that's just not true.

11. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    #61 F355 Fan 82, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Elon is that you? are you serious? you think you can just repeatedly floor a tesla p100d and test 0-60 times over and over without frying the battery? LOL please tell me you're kidding? Fact is that heavy current drain, like insane mode, and very rapid charging both cause heat. LIon batt hates heat, it messes them up. Tesla software/controls does not allow normal flooring it to cause that much heat. The insane mode, the one that removes the controls, which is where you get the drag race performance, that will mess up your battery, and Elon even says, no warranty on insane mode, other than that Lithium ion just slowly decays, lasting 1-3K charge cycles.

The Audi, Chevy and BMW battery packs have fairly advanced liquid cooling systems that will mitigate that, the almighty tesla does not. The Nissan does NOT have a cooling system and has horrid decay on hot days (over 100)...avoid the Leaf v1 and 2. the 3 will have liquid.

So yes, it has a fixed amount of electrons, if you floor it a lot it will use more energy than driving like grandpa.....that is just physics

and lol if you think the S65 interior is something you can't stand, mine is a designo and its probably the nicest interior of any vehicle i've ever sat in but surely the great tesla has a nicer interior?

timjen88 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  12. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Wow, such hostility. Yes you can overheat the car with numerous launches, but the car will limit power if it gets to hot, it won't hurt the battery.

Umm, once again not sure where you're getting your info, the Model S has a liquid cooling system, in fact it can even use the A/C to cool the battery if need be.

13. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I know this thread is about FF prices, but what do you think is an appropriate offer under MSRP for a Lusso V12 with 2,000 or less miles (2017) There are ab out 30 for sale in the US.

14. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    I’ll say this.

I bought a used FF recently and am loving it. It’s my 2nd V12 Ferrari, my 5th overall and it’s a wonderful car.

Style is pretty subjective. Personally I’m a fan of hatchbacks/shooting brakes.

Bonovox09, otakki, Jaguar36 and 5 others like this.
  15. bearmdjd

bearmdjd Karting

Jul 10, 2017
    Unfortunately my commute adds up to about 40-50k miles a year. I can’t get myself to put that many miles a year on a Ferrari.

16. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Depends very much on original spec. If it’s over $400k, expect a $100k discount.

17. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I’d be one of those people.

18. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    Drove it to Austin and back this weekend. Best road trip car I’ve ever had...

And I think she has a sexy butt!

It’s definitely love/hate styling. But I’m in the love camp. I also respect Ferrari/pinafarina for making and styling it.

19. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Me, too! Over 11,000 miles on mine in the past year, and driving her 7 hours to VIR this week.

How could anyone not love this sexy butt?!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. kenwidmerpool

kenwidmerpool Rookie

Jun 17, 2016
    California
    Bafflement at FF looks is an American thing, I suspect, where wagons never sell. To this viewer the X6M, whatever the same car from Merc AMG is and the Tesla model X are all silly and don't fit enough stuff to justify the "interesting" shape. In the states they sell.

+1. Completely agree with the social part--I recoil from it.

In a casual encounter, a cool car is almost never a satisfying predicate for conversation, though it can make for a happy complement to other areas of (co)interest etc.

FF owner

otakki likes this.
  21. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    It would be truly sad if they discontinued it in favor of an SUV, but I don't see how the market is big enough for both of them.

Is there a 'standard' Ferrari depreciation curve? If so how does the FF deprecation compare to it?

22. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    More like the "curse of the 2+2" in the Ferrari world. They all depreciate more and faster than the two seaters do. That's because in the used market most are looking for the sportier rides. I've watched it happen to every 2+2 since the 365 GTC/4 (Which is now over $300K, so some do eventually recover).

Caeruleus11 and Bundy like this.
  23. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    The problem with the 2+2 is its just not functional man. It's tough to get people in that backseat, older folks have a near impossible in/out. Having 4 doors just makes it easier, i love the 2+2 cars the 456,612 are beautiful but why not just get the 575/599/F12. That backseat is nice but really sitting back there is annoying. If its for storage, the rear shelf of the v12 cars holds alot.

24. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    The difference between used and new Lusso is still not large enough to not consider ordering a new car.
    You spend a bit more, relatively not a lot and get exactly what you want, a virgin car you know for 100% was not abused or ran in improperly or had brakes screwed up by improper bedding.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  25. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I've had kids in the back of my 456M several times - I give charity rides to kids with cancer - with no problem, as long as they are under about 13. They are also good for other things, like keeping my guitars in the climate controlled area of the car.