New '84 308 GTS QV owner...parts? | FerrariChat

New '84 308 GTS QV owner...parts?

Discussion in '308/328' started by SpaceToast, Apr 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SpaceToast

SpaceToast Rookie

Apr 22, 2018
    Looking forward to this journey...car is clean but I don't have any service records so going to go through everything, change all fluids, and timing belts. Curious on the best place to find parts? My immediate needs are a radiator cap, plug wires and axle boots. I also read on another forum about some aftermarket tensioners/pulleys for the timing belts that works better than OEM, but can't find what I was looking at now

Also could use some emblems (prancing horse and 308 that mount on the rear)...at some point they've been swapped from the original chrome to black

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

miketuason likes this.
  2. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Congrats and welcome! Parts are pretty much available everywhere, here are some places:
    Ricambi America
    T Rutland
    GT Car Parts
    FerrParts
    Italian Car Parts
    Lyle Tanner
    And many more. Are you planning on doing all the works yourself?

3. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    For the radiator cap, visit your local parts store. 1.1 bar, standard cap for about $7.

For timing bearings, Hill Engineering are considered the best. I order these and belts from Ricambi.

Axle boots: I went with a kit from Ferrari Bedford. Be sure you use a proper Oetiker clamping tool (not wire nippers nor pliers.)

4. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    The proper clamps and tool for the axle boots can be purchased at NAPA auto parts as well.

miketuason likes this.
  5. SpaceToast

SpaceToast Rookie

Apr 22, 2018
    Thanks!!!

6. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I'll second TRutlands in Buford, GA. They have SO much parts for the 308 it is pretty amazing. I would also recommend All Ferrari Parts and Ferrparts as well. I've had good luck with Ricambi America.

7. JazzyJay

JazzyJay Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2005
    Connecticut
    ‘84 QV owner here too......congrats! Be careful on the axle boots. I bought some “factory” boots and they were thin. Someone recommended a supplier in NJ and those boots were MUCH better. I will look for their contact info (not one of the top 3 or 4 most popular suppliers here, but good products).

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. olehholy

olehholy Karting

Nov 12, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Oleh Holynskyj
    The place in Jersey you are likely referring to is AW Import auto. They are excellent in every regard

Www.awautonj.com

9. SpaceToast

SpaceToast Rookie

Apr 22, 2018
    Thanks again for all the info... curious about service manuals. I've seen some PDFs available for download and others available on eBay. Any recommendations? I would prefer something that would have been provided to dealers/authorized service centers...

10. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Got all my factory Service manula, parts catalog, upgrades manual for my 84 QV from ebay.

11. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    In my area - been around as long as I can remember! My dad used to buy parts for our X1/9 there.

12. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The 308 QV and 328 is a combined workshop manual and I've found it possible to glean a few additional pertinent tidbits of info from the Mondial QV manual. None of them are really what you would consider a" step by step" Haynes type book but they have a lot of detailed technical info if you know what to do with it. I was able to download all of them online after a bit of searching.

Congrats and welcome to the club!