Nice evening at the beach..... | FerrariChat

Nice evening at the beach.....

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 100badboy100, Apr 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 100badboy100

100badboy100 Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    daytona355, MJR_HK and MalcQV like this.
  2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    daytona355 and MalcQV like this.
  3. 100badboy100

Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    daytona355 likes this.
  4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes, I read it at the weekend. Kevin (who, incidentally, restored my Dino prior to my ownership, but to original spec.) posts on here under the handle of Telaio. There are various threads about his Dino V8 in the 206/246 section. While I am not generally a great fan of re-engined classics, Kevin's work is an exception: unlike a lot of "special" builders, he can also do original, and to a very high standard indeed. Take a look at his website mototechnique.com and go to the Gallery section and you'll see the sort of cars he regularly restores.

gt4me and Daytonafan like this.
  5. 100badboy100

Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    A bit like the singer 911 s which are kool!

Regards Michael

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Empty beaches, bliss!

But I certainly won’t be showing the wife this thread as there is no way the dog is coming in the car; enough dog hairs in the house!!!

Your setting a bad example :)

7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry! I guess you won't approve of this one I took today either:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

gt4me and Timo Seefeld like this.
  8. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Certainly note, given she would a) like a Maserati and b) to take the dog with her!!!

Which Maserati by the way? And what do you think of it?

9. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Granturismo 4.7. Bought new in 2015 (collected it from the factory - great fun) and just coming up to 10,000 miles. Very nice car to drive. Plenty of performance (for me at least). Seats four adults in comfort (my daughter, 5'8", sat behind me, 6'1", all the way back from Modena without any problem) and still looks good. The technology is a bit basic (it's missing a number of useful driver aids that my four years older and a lot cheaper Merc DD has), but then it is a Maserati (!) and a fairly old design now. I would recommend it to anyone who wants an "exotic" that looks drop dead gorgeous, seats 4 adults, and can be driven by a wife who long ago forgot how to use a manual gearbox (mine is an automatic that can be used in manual mode with paddles, but you can also have a robotised manual version if you want).

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

MalcQV likes this.
  10. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Nice car the GT, I had one for a few months in the Middle East back in 2014, afraid I didn't rate the box though, but then I'm slightly odd in that I prefer my sports cars to be manual, I didn't really rate the California, F458 or F12 mainly because of their gearboxes... the F12 especially I found incredibly frustrating in the short time I had it.

I do love Maserati though, there's just something about them.. Enjoy yours :)

11. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    I agree, hence my 550, 246, E-type and 911 are all manual, but my wife long ago forgot how to use a manual gearbox, so I needed something she can drive when I've had one over the 8.

12. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Woolacombe, Ilfracombe all childhood holiday locations. Recently since my father died we've been back to the same caravan park a couple of times with my mum in Ilfracombe we went as kids in the late 60's and 70's.
    It's not changed massively or I've forgotten! Fantastic memories.
    We're not planning to go this year unfortunately.

Great car and picture.

100badboy100 likes this.