Installing Focal PS165V in my 360. Any advice? | FerrariChat

Installing Focal PS165V in my 360. Any advice?

Discussion in '360/430' started by tvoismo, Apr 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tvoismo

tvoismo Karting

Jun 14, 2016
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Tor
    Hi, I am going to install Focal in my car and was wondering if you have any advice for me. I have a friend that is good at installing, but It could be something difficult on the Ferrari? Have anyone in here done this before? See the picture for details. Where should I put the "little" speaker :) ? Thanks so much for input!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    You’ll want to put it on the dash or the mirror triangle inside the door. Or just don’t use it.

3. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Do you have the parameters of that woofer?
    Many Focal drivers have very low free air resonance suitable for "acoustic suspension" mounting = a box!
    If the resonance is low and mechanical parameters are not suitable for free air mounting you will have difficulty with getting a decent response from the woofer.

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Reach out to Mike Niday at Scuderia Audo -- he is the master of "all things musical" when it comes to Ferrari audio systems.

gt1995 and sparetireless like this.
  5. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida
    I am at the polar opposite to the OP when it comes to car stereo.

The previous owner of my car swore he never listened to the radio. Sure, it works, but he wanted to “hear the music that the engine makes”.

I have become acustomed to listening to satelliete radio played from my IPhone via a blue tooth connection.

Not wanting to immediately install the devise many here have used because it entails removing & replacing the head unit, I looked for an alternative.

I wanted to try a Bluetooth speaker that I can simply take along for the ride before tackling the electronics involved in hard wiring something in.

I simply went & checked them all & bought a small speaker from Ultimate Ears. It sounded best to me & I got it on sale for $72.

Now I can listen to some tunes AND hear the music the engine makes!

Cheers

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  6. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I dont know if that will fit perfectly on the F430 but attached is how to remove the door panel and speakers.
    Hope that helps.

Dan

Attached Files:

7. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    that’s a very creative and economical solution for your goals . Do you put your speaker behind you?