330 GT information | FerrariChat

330 GT information

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by GT ROCK, Apr 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT ROCK

GT ROCK Karting

Jul 24, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I am looking for a RHD 330GT. I see a mark 1 is up for auction at Silverstone in May.
    Can anyone help with information as to any skeletons in the closet?

Keith Hudson

Leicester

2. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    Keith.

I had already looked at the Silverstone Auctions listing for this car and initially thought there was a typo with either the engine number or chassis number. However, this is explained further on in the details for the car. Both 6015 and 6501 appear in the FOC registers and at one time were both with the same owner. At this point the engines were presumably swapped but who knows why. The engine from 6015 is still with chassis 6501 which seems to be on the way to being a GTO replica. A quick online search on both numbers will give you more details of the owners involved.

This would be much less confusing if the numbers were not so similar!

Robert

3. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    There is also lots of good history on the fantastic 330gt register if you have not already looked there.

4. GT ROCK

GT ROCK Karting

Jul 24, 2015
    UK
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Thanks Robert, very helpful, I was unaware of the 330GT registry.

Keith

5. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    It is awesome! If only there was a site like it for every model of Ferrari.

6. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    Keith

I have seen this 330 GT over the weekend. It was having some minor fettling done at the workshop I use. If you would care to let me have your contact number via PM, I can put you in touch with the vendor.

John