Where is the FF Engine Number? | FerrariChat

Where is the FF Engine Number?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by GF04RCE, Jan 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GF04RCE

GF04RCE Rookie

Dec 2, 2013
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Full Name:
    David Martin
    Hi there,

I really need to locate the engine number on my FF engine. I have looked and looked but cannot locate it. There is a number on the oil pump assembly but as this detachable from the block that cant be it surely....,

Any help greatly appreciated....

thanks

David Martin

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There are usually pictures in the first few pages of the owners manual showing this type of information

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    #3 134282, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    David, do you need to see the stamping? Because you can find the engine number printed on the first page of your warranty card - it'll be the same page that shows the model type and model year, the original selling dealer, and the original owner.

You're right that the number on the oil pump assembly is not the engine number. If you look close enough, you'll find a lot of numbers on a lot of different things throughout your engine bay. But your engine number will be stamped into the block. The number will be preceded by the engine type, F151, which will be raised on the block; but the number itself will be stamped. It'll be on a rectangular surface that's been smoothed.

Below are two pictures of the 599's engine bay. The first picture has a green circle indicating the location of the 599's engine number stamping; the second image demonstrates the appearance of the stamping - that's what you want to find.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. GF04RCE

GF04RCE Rookie

Dec 2, 2013
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Full Name:
    David Martin
    Hi, I need to actually see and photograph the engine number stamp and have looked in all the obvious places.

But will go back and concentrate on the top of the block....

David

5. YAMVS6

YAMVS6 Karting

Jan 26, 2011
    ohio
    FF engine number is on bottom of block near flywheel

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Ouch. Is it visible if the car is on a lift, or does the engine need to be out of the car?

7. GF04RCE

GF04RCE Rookie

Dec 2, 2013
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Full Name:
    David Martin
    I have just looked through user manual, and as you say the picture shows the underside of the engine. But i would have thought it would have been on the main block, that bottom section can be replaced... But will go and look....

Thanks

David

8. YAMVS6

YAMVS6 Karting

Jan 26, 2011
    ohio
    engine number visible on lift,lower section of block,that would be the main block,lower half,those sections are sold together,matched

9. YAMVS6

YAMVS6 Karting

Jan 26, 2011
    ohio
    engine number visible on lift,lower section of block,that would be the main block,lower half,those sections are sold together,matched

10. Raff88

Raff88 Rookie

Nov 13, 2013
    Hi Guy,
    Where is located the engine number on the ferrari F12?
    Please help me.