Hotel Recommendations on Maui | FerrariChat

Hotel Recommendations on Maui

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by enzoformenh, Apr 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enzoformenh

enzoformenh Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    NH
    Full Name:
    Mike F
    My wife and I are looking for a very nice hotel with luxury suites right on the ocean. The 3 nicest hotels seem to be the Ritz, Fairmont, and Four Seasons. They all look amazing but they are set pretty far back from the water and don't seem to offer the privacy we are looking for. For example, private patio with seating area and pool or hot tub. We would also like to avoid a place that is popular with people with young kids. Suggestions and insights would be greatly appreciated.

We aren't set on Maui, we picked it because this is our first trip and it looks like we could spend a week there and have plenty to do.

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #2 TheMayor, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    I was at the 4 seasons Maui for a week. Outstanding place. Great breakfast on the outdoor patio, very nice beach, romantic setting, great sea views, outdoor bar open late hours, outstanding service. Very quiet also (not so many kids).

Not cheap. :)

I would go back in a second but the balconies as you said are not particularly private. Nice pool also but like any hotel, open to everyone.

3. enzoformenh

Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    NH
    Full Name:
    Mike F
    Thanks for the response and for the confirmation on the Four Seasons! We need to make a decision soon.

4. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have stayed at the 4 Seasons in Wailea many times very, very hard to beat!! However right on the beach (how about 15-20 away from beach) are some condos in Kanapali BUT the amenitities are no where close! I don't remember the name of the facility but it is about a 6/7 assuming 4 Seasons is 9/10.

Then there is Kapalua (Butterfly logo) north of Lahina part of the island - https://www.kapalua.com/ pretty much similar quality as 4 Seasons but I have not been there in several years so info not so current and have been to 4 Seasons a year or two ago.

Have a great vacation!

5. Jon Hansen

Jon Hansen Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2007
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Full Name:
    Jon Hansen
  6. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Andaz, next to the 4 seasons and Grand Wailea. Brand new remodel, a lot cheaper and a lot nicer!

7. enzoformenh

Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    NH
    Full Name:
    Mike F
    Thanks! I really liked the balcony area on the ocean front rooms. The corner rooms have a wrap around balcony which is even better.

8. enzoformenh

Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    NH
    Full Name:
    Mike F
    Thanks, we looked at it. Very hard to tell by the pictures they posted online of the rooms but the furniture looked very nonfunctional. The rest of the property looks great.

9. enzoformenh

Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    NH
    Full Name:
    Mike F
    We decided on the Montage Kapalua Bay. It's an all suites hotel with a full kitchen and nice balconies.

10. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've been to the Fairmont and Four Seasons and they are both great. The Fairmont is always my go to choice, as the suites are beautiful.

11. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 7, 2006
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gary Robinson
    I can highly recommend the hotel called "Pele's Breath", in Puna.
    Tell them you got the referral from FerrariChat and they will give you a special discount.

12. rlips

rlips Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    I've had a house in Kihei for the last 20 years. We've been to all the Wailia hotels...our new favorite is the Andez. 4 seasons is solid as well, but we like the Andez vibe better.