575M Exhaust Replacement on CarFix TV Show | Page 2 | FerrariChat

575M Exhaust Replacement on CarFix TV Show

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by tazandjan, Feb 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Those are pretty impressive numbers!

I'm going to Italy in May and I already emailed Fabio about stopping by to check out his products. I'm pretty excited since he makes the 550/575 sound like it should have from the factory.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  3. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Amazing work, Fabio (if you're somehow seeing this)!

4. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Just watched the episode, count me in on the group buy.

5. jaredz123

jaredz123 Rookie

Jan 10, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jared Z
    It totally transforms the car for the greater good!

6. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hey JZ, how has it been with some time spent in the car? May be difficult to answer this one but can you feel the extra 10% horsepower when cruising around? You had mentioned no drone driving with the exhaust bypass open, same for 70-80mph down the highway?
    The 575 looked super on the show, thought it was captured nicely.
    Best Regards,
    Bill
    FL

F456M likes this.
  7. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Taz, thanks for posting - do you happen to have the ‘before’ graph plotted against engine rpm? It’s currently on mph, which makes it difficult to assess how much is being picked up at a specific rpm.

Ruben

8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ruben- No, but should be easy to get if you want it. The runs started at 3000 rpm and the end of the chart is 8000 rpm, so easy to extrapolate in between using a simple table and drawing new y axis lines. All I have are the images.

9. jaredz123

jaredz123 Rookie

Jan 10, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jared Z
    I'd say you can definitely feel the difference. The car is just fast, I understand how that may seem like a simple explanation, but I drive many different cars and can give a lengthy explanation for each. But as for it... After the exhaust installation that's what I always think of the 575 now, is "man that is just a good healthy fast car." The revs are almost over too quick now ha ha. The last 2000 to 1500 rpm are gone instantly leaving you busy for the next shift. The power is always there at any rpm. In first gear the car wants to blast off with any throttle input over 25 percent. I love the long legs of the v12, the torque is great. I love having the car turn heads now as well. Unique expensive sound is how I'd describe it, clearly exotic.

F456M and NE550 like this.
  10. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks Jared, enjoyed your comments.
    Bill
    FL

11. jaredz123

jaredz123 Rookie

Jan 10, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jared Z
    I guess this is the place for this sort of thing... I just took the car (575) out again tonight and, I love that thing due large in part to the exhaust! Oh my goodness that car sounds incredible under overpasses. Just great F1 sound. I am so torn between it and my 355, best sounding cars in my garage. I used to not hesitate on telling anyone which sounded better, but I am now torn. That V 12 sound is incredible! Nice pop in between shifts too, very nice burble on decel that is reserved only for these type of cars, I am lucky to experience it. Thank you Fabio for your efforts. So Fun!

F456M and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  12. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    So I spent some time in Italy in May and like I mentioned previously I stopped by Fabio Fiammenghi's workshop and met up with him in person. First of all, to say that he's a class act as a person is a complete understatement. He was extremely generous in his time showing me around and even bought me dinner! He showed me around town and luckily for us the Mille Miglia and the Ferrari Tribute to Mille Miglia were in in town so we saw our fair share of new and old exotics.

Regarding his products, he showed me the complete set up he has for headers, cats, mid pipes, mufflers, etc. for the 550/575 and the 599. Those who have bought them know they look like pieces of art. The craftsmanship was incredible and after spending a few hours chatting with Fabio, it's crystal clear that his engineering skills are extraordinary and that he has a true passion and knowledge for what he does.

Jared's post above mine is pretty much a perfect description of how the car sounds. I wasn't able to record it on the go but here is a short video I took of the car while he revved it. First with the muffler valves closed and then opened.

13. Jim Hultman

Jim Hultman Rookie

May 22, 2018
    The frozen tundra
    Could someone please give me a link where I might be able to purchase his system?

14. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Jim- Here you go.

Attached Files:

davidoloan likes this.
  15. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I don't think I'd still have my 550 Maranello if I didn't put his full exhaust on it. Coming from the 355 I felt it was missing the true F1 sound I had become accustomed to.

I highly recommend his system to anyone looking to breathe new life into their car. I feel it stays true to the cars heritage and since it's all bolt on goods, the car can be returned to factory spec with ease.

Fabio is also a stand up guy as everyone else has mentioned. I look forward to visiting him next time I'm in Italy. :)

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  16. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Here is another entertaining Maranello video with a pretty nice exhaust system. You will recognize it. Sort of a CarFix part two. Best sound capture yet IMO. They don’t get much better...
    Jared Z has put together his own youtube channel with some other Ferrari video’s and more under “Finding Fast”. He posted this up this evening. Enjoy,
    Bill
    FL

greg246, Il Tifoso, MogulBoy and 2 others like this.
  17. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Exactly. The car sounds alot more «expencive». A bit like a Murcielago..

18. Brent Marshall

Jul 30, 2018
    Kelowna BC, CANADA
    Full Name:
    Brent Marshall
    I would also be interested to buy the setup for 575M! (No cats ideally and H-pipe)

19. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Brent, his contact info is on the back cover of the catalog provided by Taz in post no.39 above.
    Bill
    FL