How can I get a Ferrari Loan and how much down? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

How can I get a Ferrari Loan and how much down?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Kenneth Ramirez, Apr 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    175K... take home will be about 9K/month in NY

1st... Max out your works retirement plans... that'll be at least 1k /month gone. TRUST ME... YOU WANT TO DO THIS!! 8K left...

2nd: Any other obligations.... student loan?... Child support ;)?

3rd: Home. 600K mortgage at 5%,... 3200/month. and property tax / insurance,... utilities... call it 5K/month. If you have an association fee / condo maintenance... it'll be $5500-6k/month.

4: Recreation / life: Life is expensive. Money spends money. That house,... you have to furnish it. That job,... your friends all make $175K (or more) and are going to that new expensive bar / club / restaurant... are you going? The best gym. Cloths. Shoes. Travel,... are you going skiing? Are you splitting a Hampton's rental with your friends? Miami / New Orleans weekend in January / Marde Gras??? You going? your life money will be $2K/month minimum.

$175k sounds like a lot, before you have it. Would it shock you to know the average police officer in Nassau County (Long Island) is 150K??!! In NY,... Sorry to be blunt but $175 in NYC is nothing.

Simple answer is,... you are no even close to a $600k mortgage and an 812 Ferrari.

Depending on what you want from the rest of your life,... travel, car, girlfriend,... even a 600K mortgage might be pushing it in NY (depending on rate of expected future increases).

Dave rocks likes this.
  2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Exactly. $175k in NYC or San Fran (junior equity analyst?) is middle class pay. It’s an apartment and a corolla with monthly garage storage.

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    As I predicted this thread is an April fools joke.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

4. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    That one sentence pretty much sums it all up. You’re not entitled to things others have.

The advice you’ve gotten so far is good: wait. You’re off to a great start earning $175k a year. But it’s not always what you earn, it’s what you keep. I’d focus on that your first 3 years out of college.

I’m about 5 years ahead of you and could buy a Ferrari now if I wanted, but it’d be a stupid move financially. There are lot of other less expensive cars you can buy besides a 812 that you can still have fun with. Two years out of school, I bought a Honda S2000 for $15k cash. Sure, it’s no Ferrari but, for me, it’s probably more fun to drive than an Fcar, since I’m not afraid to kick the rear out while on the local back roads and am totally fine beating the hell out of it on the track or auto cross (wouldn’t be doing that with a Ferrari bought on credit). And that S2K has appreciated to around $18k or so.

Dakota likes this.
  5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Yes, 100% sure....banks just want to not have to repo cars that are worth less than are owed. With 50% down, you will always be on the upside of that...so the bank has little risk.

6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    If you don't have alot of equity, then no way....I make alot more than you would and have significant equity in a $450k house....and I would NEVER consider a $300k car....its just too much for my income. Start with a nicely depreciated F430

02360spider and SAFE4NOW like this.
  7. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    Gentlemen:

This thread has me shaking my head...
    KR you have received very good advice from people who have worked hard to get where they are along with many years of wisdom.
    Although I admire your current achievements your desires are financialy illogical the golden rule is like others have said one NEVER uses your home as a bank to purchase things like cars or any other luxury items...the only exception is maybe a serious health related expense...I have been in love with Ferrari since I was your age or younger...being in the car industry my whole life today I feel truly blessed to now in my late 50 to be able to forfil my life time dream,,,and you know what it's all that much better...
    I wish you luck but think you should reconsider your approach....the good part iof dreaming is its FREE.
    All the best.
    K//

8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    At 175k start, I assume you got recruited by a major wirehouse? But then you said top 4% school, Goldman Sachs usually has the pick of the litter at the top 1%. I assume your 2nd degree is a MBA or Law Degree? Perhaps a major law firm in NYC on the Valley?

The reason I mentioned these things is places that pay 175K start for a person out of school usually are in very high cost areas. So a starter home say in San Francisco is about 1 million for a shoebox.

Don't forget Uncle Sam too, say you got a job in California or NYC, your 175 just got down to 110 (even less if you're smart and do a 401k) so say with maximum contribution the 110 is now down to 91k...which is peanuts say in Palo Alto.

I would recommend you save and invest first, the cars will come, and will be even sweeter when you get it, which based on your background I have no doubt will happen.

9. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Because I'm not an idiot.

10. Kenneth Ramirez

Apr 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Ramirez
    What if someone gave you this advice months before you bought your car? I want the car while I’m young or else it’s not worth getting for me and I’m only looking for advice to get the car.

11. Kenneth Ramirez

Apr 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Ramirez
    Hilarious. You made a 100k investment on something that loses value every year. Get this man a Nobel Prize.

12. Kenneth Ramirez

Apr 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Ramirez
    #187 Kenneth Ramirez, May 6, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2018
    All these people made the bad decision to invest in a car that loses value over time. I just want in on the game. If not a 812 Superfast then do you guys think I could afford a 488?

Then do you think I could afford a used 488?

13. Kenneth Ramirez

Apr 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Ramirez
    Then maybe you guys could help get me into a used 488 with good advice. Reminder to everyone reading this: I am only looking for advice as to how I can get the car moving forward.

14. Kenneth Ramirez

Apr 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Ramirez
    I’ve been visiting this site for years. You guys should be chanting “one of us” instead of smelling your own farts.

15. Kenneth Ramirez

Apr 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Ramirez
    So you’re saying there’s a chance? :) (Jim Carey face)

16. Kenneth Ramirez

Apr 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Ramirez
    I would get a 360 month mortgage on a 600k house by using first time home buyer programs. Hit the ground running. My job has an average of 175k (around 174to be closer) and that is a big step from 100k. My monthly would be about 15k. About 2k for mortgage leaving me 13k for a car every month? I think I can talk.

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Yes but u started saying 100k;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    A depreciated F430 is a far cry from 488 at the moment. Look, these guys are giving you some solid advice, Best thing you could do is listen. It will save you from a financial SmackDown that you soon won’t forget. Be smart about it.

19. Kenneth Ramirez

Apr 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Ramirez
    #194 Kenneth Ramirez, May 6, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2018
    Do you think I could afford a f430 that’s around 150k?

Do you think I could afford a F430 that’s around 150k?

20. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Can you afford the maintenance? Have a daily driver and a place to park it thats secure? These items all factor in. Life never goes according to how you planned it. Personally, whatever you make, I would put 30% of it right off the top in savings or investment and build my budget from there. my 2cts.

21. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    You ask for advice, but don’t listen.

IF (that’s a big if) you figure out how to buy a Ferrari (or any super car) straight out of college...it will be the first of many unwise choices that will ultimately place you in serious financial trouble.

No...you can’t afford a car that cost 90-100% your annual gross earnings with zero accumulated wealth.

2010 Honda Civic - that’s you

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    Lol - I can’t tell if you’re serious or if this thread is just a joke.

You know, I was bike riding in the Hamptons yesterday and a California T passed me with a twenty-something year old driving, a nice brunette in the passenger seat, and a hot blonde sitting on on her shoulders, hair blowing in the wind as he punched it (no idea how they didn’t get pulled over). I thought to myself: man, wouldn’t it be nice to be that guy. But Now that I know people are buying 488’s and 812’s making only $175k a year, I’m not so sure. Cheap money makes people do crazy things...

Dakota and JerseyBland like this.
  23. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Had you heeded this earlier advisory, I wouldn't have had to merge further posts for you:

Please learn how the multiquote feature works, rather than individually replying to each member in separate posts with exactly the same text.

And yet you chose to grace us with your registration only 2 weeks ago. How did we ever manage without you all these years? :rolleyes:

This is not a good start to your active membership. Please take the next 2 weeks offline to contemplate your return with a better attitude.

All the best,
    Andrew.

JerseyBland likes this.
  24. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I could sell my 360 for more than I paid for it today. Your joke is getting old and good luck continuing to actually getting help after so many have tried. Not wasting any more time on your nonsense.

Edit: never mind , you’re banned:D

25. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Oh great. Thanks a lot Andrew. Now what am I going to do the rest of the day?? ;):D

paulchua likes this.