355 Battery | FerrariChat

355 Battery

Discussion in '348/355' started by vonzsolnay, May 7, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vonzsolnay

vonzsolnay Karting

Jun 2, 2015
    New York
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hey all. My 95 355 will not start. It wont even turn over. I had it running perfectly about 2 weeks ago, then moved it to another bay in my garage and did not plug in the charger. It sat for 2 weeks. I tried to charge the battery yesterday and it will not turn over at all. Lights will not even go on inside, so I am assuming its the battery. Anyone know what type of battery I would get and if its a big job to replace? Thoughts? Thanks so much.

Frank

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I think the best value in batteries today is buying interstates from the local costco. They have 48mo 100% replacement! They have a limited selection but what you do is go for the one with similar cracking amps, size, and terminal location. I even use 2 of them in my diesel truck paid about $85ea instead of $300+ for the batteries that are supposed to go in there. I'm going on 3 years on the costco batteries and my truck sees 0 degrees during the ski season.

4. vonzsolnay

vonzsolnay Karting

Jun 2, 2015
    New York
    Full Name:
    Frank
  5. vonzsolnay

vonzsolnay Karting

Jun 2, 2015
    New York
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thank you

6. Buzzl

Buzzl Formula Junior

7. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I have no experience with AGM so I cannot comment. The Redtop has severed me well. IIRC, 3 years now.

8. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Redtop optima battery is AGM. Optima is good but not as good as they used to be. They are also expensive. IMO the reason to use them is preventing acid leaks over critical componants. I use a costco interstate battery in my 550 maranello but an optima in my corvette because the ecu is right under the battery in the vette.

9. fboutlaw

fboutlaw Karting

Dec 3, 2014
    Woodside, CA