$1900 for Door Latch Repair?? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

$1900 for Door Latch Repair??

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ron308, May 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. opplock

opplock Rookie

Apr 13, 2016
    Johor Baru Malaysia
    Full Name:
    Trent Lee
    I just changed my door lock (the part with cable, remote sensor and locking mechanism) and the original in the 430 is indeed a Fiat Lancia part. Paid USD300 for the part and another 150 for labor, which is cheap in this part of the world. It was done in under an hour by an independent workshop.

2. Ron308

Ron308 Karting

May 6, 2011
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron Campbell
    I do appreciate the support from many about RD. Just glad I'm not the only one this person annoys. Great knowledge does not give the right to demean and ridicule. We have a real problem in our society with bullies, and they need to be called out, no matter who they are.
    I did get my door fixed, and from the all FC input, I think the price was very appropriate. THANKS.

3. Ron308

Ron308 Karting

May 6, 2011
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron Campbell
    FYI....the cost I had originally posted ($1900) was for both doors, since they had the same problem. Final cost was $1600, or $800 per door. Parts were the big cost.

4. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD
    I guess I am late to the party, but I thought my driver door was "broken" as well, but it had just popped off the hook. now fixed, and have the part laying around. (I was able to get just the cable...pre superseded part) Costs vary, had mine done at an independent.

5. bfox2718

bfox2718 Rookie

Mar 22, 2015

I think I have the same problem but could find where to re attach it even after looking at the passenger door. Do you have pictures by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD
    I will post some up.

7. bfox2718

bfox2718 Rookie

Mar 22, 2015
    We took it to the collection in Miami to have a detailed done and the mechanic fixed it for us at no charge. He just told us it popped off and he was able to reattach it with no parts. The original quote was $100 in labor but they removed the charges because we had just spent a decent amount on a detail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    I'm 90% done with this job but cannot get the outer door cable tension right. It's hard to get access and reach/see and I either pop the cable off or it isn't tight enough to open. Hopefully eventually get it, as I paid $940 for the passenger latch 2 years ago and feel robbed. The $270 part from racambi is pricey enough

9. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    You can still buy the cable bye itself from Masarati Parts USA. Sorry, don't have the web site but I was able to find it and it was maybe $45 each cable (inner 68602600 and outer 65069300).

10. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Its fair

its a miserable project, takes a long time to pull the doors apart and easy to mess up the metal trim.