Summer storage | FerrariChat

Summer storage

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by smtrx, May 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. smtrx

smtrx Rookie

Oct 25, 2017
    Full Name:
    steven tepper
    I’ll be leaving my Cali for about 4months in Florida. Other than using a battery tender what else should I do, gas stabilizer etc

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Put alot of baking soda on a plate and place in car for humidity..cover your exhaust with plastic bags if you think there is a chance of field mice etc getting in storage ...treat leather and rubber if you like ..and slightly over inflate tires

If in a climate controlled environment ..do not pay much attention to above :)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

3. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Some of my cars sit for that long or longer so I just started using Startron fuel additive to help reduce the ill effects of ethanol: https://www.amazon.com/Star-Tron-Enzyme-Fuel-Treatment/dp/B0014419UQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1525715939&sr=8-3&keywords=startron+fuel+treatment

I also added a starter relay to the Ferrari with has an additional lead going to the positive side of the coil. By jumping it to +12V it's possible to spin the engine without the ignition key being on, which allows me to pre-lube the engine before starting.

4. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    If I lived in Florida I would offer to exercise your car weekly ;)
    Then all this summertime storage talk would be a moot issue.

5. dersark_painclinic

dersark_painclinic Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lazik Der Sarkissian
    There is a product called
    I assume you live in heigh humidity , I use DampRid from bed bath and beyond for few dollars for my gun safe for many years with now issues. Use 2 boxes inside the car will do the tricks. May be you want to remove the front carpets and open the fuse doors let the dry air gets their. Most Ferrari owners c/o having rusty fuses. If you are really picky buy an electrical dehumidifier designed for gun safe and put inside the car and you should be okay.

6. dersark_painclinic

dersark_painclinic Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lazik Der Sarkissian
    Zooey forgot to submit the picture,
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Buy a car bag; it is the best investment you will ever make. I have tweo of these and ever since I started using them, I had no problem at all. Cars were in storage 5 months. This one comes with silicon desiccant to keep the car dry
    https://www.carbag.com/carjacket/

///Mike likes this.
  8. straightpipe

straightpipe Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    . I have a car jacket unused and in the original box. If your interested send me an email.

model S3-1819 229
    Mid Year Corvette and other classics. $180 / split shipping

Works with car dimensions 115"w X 120"h X 189"L
    * Jackets are for indoor use only
    * You should use a fabric cover before zipping the vehicle inside the jacket
    * Your vehicle must be dry before put into the jacket
    * You should not put a vehicle with a hot exhaust system in a jacket

All jackets are made from a special non-breathable polyethylene. As a result the jacket material is a barrier to humidity (moisture). Once a vehicle is zipped inside, it is protected not only from moisture but dust and insects as well.

Humidity is removed from inside the jacket by using OmniDry packets of desiccant. Desiccant is provided with each jacket and absorbs humidity from inside the jacket. This means that if there is no moisture there will be no condensation, corrosion or rusting.

The result is that your vehicle will be remove in the same condition as when stored.