A 'Valet Switch' for a Testarossa??? | FerrariChat

A 'Valet Switch' for a Testarossa???

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by rpissm, Apr 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hey everyone!

So, I don't like taking my car places where I need to entrust it to someone else (valets, body shops, etc). What are your thoughts on disabling / removing one of the fuel pump relays so that the engine only runs on 1 bank? In theory the less power would take away the incentive to go for a joy ride? I think disabling a fuel pump won't cause any damage to the engine (vs disabling the ignition system on one side) because the engine ECUs will still think it's running properly, albeit lean on one bank?

What are you guys thoughts?

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

2. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I don't like it. I don't like anything that will intentionally make your engine run improperly.

I am not a mechanic but if someone was joyriding the car in that state couldn't they do even more damage by flooring it with only one bank working and the other one just along for the ride?

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I think u have a problem lol
    Why would u do that? Anywhere i would take mine i would not valet it. I’d say here is ur tip and I’m parking it in the front. Most valet were too scared to drive it and dammage it anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testarossa Sean likes this.
  4. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    LOL hey in theory it'd work! I have a thing with people other than myself driving my cars. Especially people I don't know.

5. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I give the valet a twenty and self park. If its super swanky, ill hand a fiddy. Nobody drives my car except me. Ever.

ago car nut and turbo-joe like this.
  6. jratcliff

jratcliff Formula 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Install a trunk monkey!
    John

7. Testarossa Sean

Testarossa Sean Karting

May 13, 2018
    California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Agreed...give them the tip and park the baby yourself.