1971 London Motor Show - 365 GTC/4 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

1971 London Motor Show - 365 GTC/4

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by gudz, Nov 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Belinda Arden

Belinda Arden Rookie

Aug 1, 2016
    Have owned this car about 30 years.. Who took this photos please?

2. torquespeak

torquespeak Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Stephen - I'm pretty sure s/n 14561 features in this 1977 BBC footage. Between 01:24 and 01:28, the gents are sitting on the bonnet of a 365 GTC/4, and you can make out 'LU' in white lettering on the front reg plate.

-Ed

nico308 and mcimino like this.
  3. gudz

gudz Karting

Nov 23, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen Goodhand
    Hi Ed,

Great find, and thanks for the spot, it does indeed look like 14561.
    Brilliantly rubbish local news, love it!

Well that places the car in Surrey in 1977, I spoke to Shaun Bealey on the phone last year, and he does indeed remember owning the car in the early 70's. At the time he was living in Surrey, although I think he'd sold the car on by 1977, I'm going to call him again, and try to arrange a visit and a nostalgia drive.

One storey Shaun did relay to me was one where he raced a number of Daytona's on a track, and managed to beat them all off, as the GTC/4 didn't cook the brakes like the Daytonas! - That's what he said ;-)

It would be great to go visit him with the car this summer, I'm now in contact thanks to FOC.

Steve

4. gudz

gudz Karting

Nov 23, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen Goodhand
    Hi Belinda, Sorry but I appear to have missed this message previously. Are you referring to owning 14561 or 14555
    Also which photos are you referring to?

Thanks, Steve

5. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Strange my Dad loved the GTC4 and owned three of them over the years. They were his favourite Ferrari to drive (250SWB and 4 Cam he also owned included). One of his few dislikes about them was the brakes. He always found the brake pedals very soft and with a long travel, and the brake pedal on the Daytonas more confidence inspiring. That was for road driving so maybe the C4 brakes are better when you really work them?

6. gudz

gudz Karting

Nov 23, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen Goodhand
    Yeah, I'd have to agree on there being lots of travel, I don't find it soft though, it just needs a fair bit of leg strength.
    I think Shaun's point was due the C4 having more efficient brake cooling however.

I've never driven my C4 in anger on the track, how about we set up a rematch? :)