Vettel is too mentally weak to win | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Vettel is too mentally weak to win

Discussion in 'F1' started by ATBNM3, May 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nope.

Because if that was the case, the entire Hamilton sucks thread would have to go. among many here.

the OP makes a reasonable argument. although brief, from his point of view, just as the folks in the Hamilton Sucks thread do. Just because it runs contrary to the notion that Ferrari can do no wrong, and that their drivers are infallible, does not make it trolling.

D

kraftwerk likes this.
  2. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I completely disagree. Part of trolling is where you do it. What is ok in one setting is not in others.

I might eat a bacon cheeseburger on a bench outside of a Catholic Church,... It would be bad manners to do it on a bench in front of a synagogue or mosque. Context is EVERYTHING.

This isn't a F1 site. It is a Ferrari site. Context Dave. He's trolling.

635CSI and P.Singhof like this.
  3. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nope.

This is the F1 sub forum. We can discuss what that means, but there's no disclaimer at the top of the forum that says, "If you don't like Ferrari, stay out." All opinions are welcome.

Sure, this place leans to Ferrari, BIG TIME, but if you want to have a vibrant discussion, then opposing point of view need to be allowed. This isn't a fan boy site. We're adults. The attacks on Hamilton are allowed, and opposing points of view there get shouted down, so the same should apply to those who do not worship at the alter of Ferrari. Don't like his POV? Refute it.

I am a huge fan of F1. I am not precisely a fan of Ferrari, or McLaren, or any other make. I just love the racing. Some get all caught up in the soap opera stuff, others don't. I fall into the latter category, I just want to see them race, and have since the 60's when I watched it on the Wide World of Sports, or at Watkins Glen in the 70's where I watched Mario and the gang battle it out, and watched crazed fans burn a Volkswagen in the bog. And ever since on whatever TV channel I can find it on.

This is more than a Ferrari site.

D

kraftwerk likes this.
  4. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

BUT, I'll tell ya what. I'll report this thread to the moderation team, and see what they think.

D

5. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Your always fair even when you're wrong! ;) :D

F1 Sub forum... on what site?? Last time I looked at the banner at the top of the page it didn't say F1Chat,... Mercedes chat,... McLaren Chat...

He posted this purely to get a rise... that's the sites very definition of trolling.

He's wearing cargo shorts at the opera Dave.

crinoid likes this.
  6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I hardly think someone who has won several World Championships as Vettel has-- and beaten Hamilton many times in his career including this year -- equates to "a reasonable argument" to being "too mentally weak to win". How much winning do you need to prove the opposite?

Did this "mental defect" suddenly appear overnight? Because history shows a different point of view.

crinoid likes this.
  7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    If I recall correctly when Elton Ham-Dashian’s *****cat GF left him, his driving went to crap and his performance went off the freaking cliff until she returned.

The site has sensored the word *****cat like in reference to a cat or the band *****cat Dolls....?!??

daytona355 likes this.
  8. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Careful... if you're suggesting that WDC victories equate to mental toughness... well, Hammy has a few of those, too...

I think both of them have long histories involving moments of strong mental fortitude AND some pretty weak moments. Yet, the two of them combined have won most of the WDCs in the past decade. Weird.

9. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I like cargo shorts. Wear them here all the time in Florida. A tuxedo would be way too dressy.

D

10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    You really think that the thread opener did this "to make a reasonable argument" and not as "revenge" for the "unfairness" against his poster boy???
    You must be kidding...seriously.
    And telling "we are adults" just after the immaturity of the TO proved you wrong seems like comedy to me....

11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #61 TheMayor, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    The Dodgers suck this year. There’s nothing wrong in saying so (especially when it’s true). :)

They are big boys. I don’t see the harm in discussing how people perform in sports.

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I may have spoken a little rashly when I stated we are all adults.

I've put this entire thread to the rest of the mods. Why don't you give it a rest. When they've commented, I'll let you all know what they've said and act, or not act, appropriately.

And frankly, there are a ton of threads and posts here that skirt the edge, y'all are singling this one out because it's not pro Ferrari, which I find amusing.

D

13. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I 100% agree.

14. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    One of MY problems with F1 trying to fit into a broader forum is that it evolves and my tastes and opinions evolve with it...

Initially I disliked Schumi... I grew to appreciate him immensely.

I initially disliked Vettel...now I find myself rooting for him.

In the beginning, I liked LewHam...then I grew to despise him...and now (I can't believe I'm saying this...)... he doesn't bother me much.

Who I am as a fan and how I participate in a forum about F1 is going to change... I appreciate the latitude here that allows that.

15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Vettel is not so vocal this year so far,which to me means his 'mental' side is more under control.

Also didn't throw any toys out the pram so far ,maybe because the Halo gets in the way ?

635CSI likes this.
  16. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So he started this thread: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/finger-boi-vettel-sucks.563860/#post-145664208
    This is your reply...
    Then he starts to bring up this thread from 2006: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/vettel-sucks-thread.455848/
    And because nobody replies he opens a new one...and you still think he is not trolling??? That must be a joke...

17. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    SECOND ONE..... Is the DINO a Ferrari? ;) [It is NOT, but still a beautiful Pininfarina designed car].

TheMayor likes this.
  18. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    And file a lawsuit [1985-1986] against Piquet when Piquet called Senna's sexuality into question.

19. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    These are forums for opinion, nothing more, nothing less. So, even if the civility and perhaps the logic of the discussion has gone away, let the participants have their "fun". The alternative is to simply not participate when it gets this childish.

daytona355 and Jakuzzi like this.
  20. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    100% correct

jgonzalesm6 and daytona355 like this.
  21. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

There ya go.

This is essentially the opinion of the moderators who weighed in as well.

With a caveat, of course, to keep it marginally civil and to avoid flat out personal attacks.

Don't like the OP or the content of his posts? Put him on ignore. Attack him, or any other member here, and risk a temp ban that will extend past the next race.

Carry on.

D

daytona355 likes this.
  22. joeyy

joeyy Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    long island
    Full Name:
    joe
    So now that the stupid rules that has kept Merc on top for the last 4 years are starting to work against them but they still clearly have the stronger package, I give Ferrari a lot of credit for pushing them as they have. All of that aside mental toughness has nothing to do with it. it's all about the car!! have we forgotten how Ham panics and cries like a ***** when he is in 4th spot booo hooo "what am i doing wrong guys?" He has NEVER been in a bad car that is why he will never go down in history as a truly great driver.

23. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Clearly a stupid post and thread. U dont win 4 championship and become the youngest world champion ever if u are weak mentally. That’s ludacris it is all about the car.
    If you had said david coulthard, damon hill, maybe even rosberg that would have made more sense but ever since vettel moved to ferrari he simply overall hasn’t had the car to win consistently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEP and daytona355 like this.
  24. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham

25. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK