Shout Out for Custom Mobile Electronics | FerrariChat

Shout Out for Custom Mobile Electronics

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by SFFerrari, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SFFerrari

SFFerrari Karting

Jul 21, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LanceD
    It's not often you find a true craftsman in this era of 'quick 'n dirty' ... especially when it coms to electronics for high-end cars. So it's my pleasure to acknowledge - and thank - Marty Barry at CME.

Marty didn't just sell & install a few products and hand me the bill. He spent time talking with me about what I wanted and why, discussing the options, making informed suggestions, expertly installing the products, creatively solving problems as they arose, cleaning up the work of the less-skilled who had worked on the cars before him, and following up with me to make sure I was not only happy with the work, but knew the ins and outs of using them.

As a result I'm not just a happy customer, I am thrilled customer!

By the way, Marty installed a radar detector/laser shifter and window tinting on my FF. And, a radar detector/laser shifter and air horns on my 360 Spider.

2. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
  3. EP328

EP328 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Marty and crew are great. Did a nice installation of radar/laser shifter and updated navigation/stereo in my 599.

4. SFFerrari

SFFerrari Karting

Jul 21, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LanceD
    Forgot to add, Marty took the initiative to find an excellent replacement for the 10 year old radio in my 360 a prior owner had installed. Found a great value for the radio, customized the installation and cleaned out yards of useless wiring from the prior install.

Another example of ‘above-and-beyond’ service!

5. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    Marty's installations and service are second to none. He did really creative installations on my Scud and other non-exotics. Superb customer service.

6. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    A search says this place is in Novato, is that right?
    I need an audio guy on the peninsula. Need to ditch that factory unit and install a unit with a screen and Bluetooth phone connection. I have seen threads about sourcing a generic unit that Ferrari recommends.

7. EP328

EP328 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Yes, in Novato. About 9 miles up Hwy 101 from his previous location in San Rafael.

8. bayareaferrari

bayareaferrari Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2004
    California
    Is he mobile?

9. SFFerrari

SFFerrari Karting

Jul 21, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LanceD
    I don’t believe so. But worth it to give him a call.

10. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Some pictures would be nice.

11. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    Marty is great. Did a back up camera and Apple CarPlay 7" screen on my wife's Cayman. It looks like factory, but is easier and better to operate. He took time out to show my step-son around and show him some of the epic exotics he happen to have in the shop.