ReMAPing ECU x 2 | FerrariChat

ReMAPing ECU x 2

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by 4RE F12, May 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4RE F12

4RE F12 Karting

Apr 19, 2016
    B.C., Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew W.
    Had the Bosch ECUs in my F12 remapped / flashed last week....interestingly enough there are 2 of these bad boys - one for each bank of (6) pistons.

what a NOTICEABLE difference!

I am sure there are other good re-progammers out there on the market but I used the same guy who re-programmed both my RR SVU and Corvette LSX with exceptional results and he used an Alientech KTG ECU Programmer.

i achieved the following results for my F12:

+ 80 crank HP (most of which comes north of 5500 rpm)
    + 50 ft-lbs torque at 8400 rpm
    - smoother acceleration throughout power band. low end is much more responsive and with "ESG" off
    (which is normally how i drive) there is noticeably more wheel spin as i accelerate hard!
    - optimization of fuel ratios and timing (running much leaner). stock fuel maps were very rich for a naturally
    aspirated car...
    - Throttle maps remained stock because it is controlled by the steering wheel switch - and its not worth
    touching the throttle response because i park the little beast in a tight space.....

OverALL Impression: SUPERB!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Were these gains measured? Having an F12 with 811hp and 559lb-ft dwarfs the 812s and the LaF NA engines and perhaps what comes after them. How do the safety/traction systems handle what has to be an intense desire to break traction?

3. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    There is a reason the factory set the air/fuel mixture where it did.
    You run the risk of elevated temperatures and predetonation.
    What are your view towards reliability and resale?

4. 4RE F12

4RE F12 Karting

Apr 19, 2016
    B.C., Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew W.
    Resale -never...i've customized it and will never sell it.
    Relioability - My Fcar dealer has seen and continues to service several remapped F12's and they have no issue with them so why should i....

5. cortwagner

cortwagner Karting

Aug 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Threads like this crack me up, 80bhp with a flash, that's why Ferrari had to build a whole new motor (TDF and 812) to get to these levels and your guy did it with a flash, what a GENIUS, LOL.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

6. 4RE F12

4RE F12 Karting

Apr 19, 2016
    B.C., Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew W.
    Q1: Measured - No, but like other re-programmers they use in ground dyno's to calibrate and measure the performance of their software upgrades. i had the local mechanic at a RR store reprogram my SVR with the same KTAG program and he did hook it up to the dyno - the increases in both crank HP and torque were actually slightly better than advertised so i have no reason to believe (especially after driving the car) that the increases are as advertised. Next step is a new exhaust system.....

Q2: How do the Safety Traction systems handle - As i mentioned in my original post i prefer driving the car with the "ESC" off (when the roads are dry obviously) so when i really step into the gas yes, it does break traction much more readily but i did not change the throttle response so i find it totally manageable....personal preference i guess.....thats the one recommendation i'd have for others looking to remap their ECUs - don't change the throttle response otherwise you could into some serious trouble in tight spaces...

7. 4RE F12

4RE F12 Karting

Apr 19, 2016
    B.C., Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew W.
    Without being flippant I'm sure you know that BHP and CHP are different names for the same engine power output (before any parasitic losses from the drivetrain) and that RWHP is power to the rear wheel - some people often confuse RWHP with BHP and that is clearly not correct. I am and i hope u are talking about power output at the crank... If you check with Fabspeed (who is one of the sponsors on this site) you will see that they achieve very similar (even bigger gains at the crank) and its much more than just a "flash' ....there's a lot of software reprogramming that goes into changing the ECU parameters for air and fuel mixture and timing.....but check with the experts - don't take my word for it.....