Massini Report | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Massini Report

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by jnk, May 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    They do indeed advertise a program that makes them a quick euro.

Matt

Texas Forever and Timmmmmmmmmmy like this.
  2. Schlesser

Schlesser Karting

Feb 12, 2013

Our very Marcel was recently seen testing the car and his bright smiling is certainly an encouraging start for a quality report with ultimate enlightenment.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I believe that was some time ago, and Marcel simply sat in it for a minute, hardly a test! he seems to like it though by the smile.

If a Massini report was commissioned for the car I imagine it may now be sat in a locked safe at the bottom of the Mariana trench :) as the one from an Italian Fiat 500 organisation was deemed more preferable by the owner to be published for public consumption instead!

Texas Forever likes this.
  4. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    After some of the recent comments it pains me to note that my understanding is that Marcel doesn't write the reports on anyone's behalf other than his own. It would be like any court ordered report, unbiased and strictly based on facts and known history. I am sure as a vendor or buyer if you had some documented fact that was not in the report you could possibly get it altered BUT it would have to be documented and proven as fact, not just because you (or your client) wanted to make a quick buck.

This thread about his uncovering an engine swap under warranty which Classiche didn't register or consider anomalous might help explain the lengths and depths Marcel goes to uncover the full history of classic Ferrari's.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/massini-report-275-gtb-4-09413.501807/

My question to some of the posters that post to criticize Marcel's work for their own reasons I must ask, if you dont believe Marcel is impartial, then who is? In my opinion he is up there with Simon Moore, Pierre-Yves Laugier, Terry Larson, Claire Hay, Walter Baumer and Doug Nye (in their various fields) and I just don't understand the rationale for the occasional petty attacks.

Nembo1777, 635CSI, Wanta246 and 8 others like this.
  5. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    +1

6. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I don't see anyone questioning a Massini report on this thread, in fact quite the opposite, being unbiased it would highlight any irregularities a particular car may have, that an owner would not actually like to be made public. I dread to think what a report on my project car would read like! :p

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  7. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/250-lm-at-auction-s-n-6045.451449/page-8
    This thread contains the bones of what I was talking about. Type A personalities with a lot of skin in the game are not always happy to know the truth and its often easier to resort to ad hominem attacks.....

PAUL500 likes this.
  8. Schlesser

Schlesser Karting

Feb 12, 2013
  9. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    So about how much is one of these reports?

10. Rick Sutherland

Jan 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rick Sutherland
    Looking to contact Marcel Massini about getting a report for my 1997 550 Maranello. I can be contacted by email at [email protected]

11. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Please see your emails. Thank you.

Marcel Massini

12. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Massini Report is the Gold Standard. Period.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  13. saif hassan

saif hassan Rookie

Feb 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    saif hassan
    I would also love to get a Massini report, as I look to compile a file for my 246 GT. I see it as a must. My email address is [email protected]

14. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I think a Massini report is great value. Moreover, I think it is of great interest to owners like me who primarily want to know of their car’s history for their own curiosity and pride rather than to have a document that will add value to their car (though it does do that). I have contacted previous owners of my car and enjoyed the correspondence. The history of a classic Ferrari does not end when we buy it. Sure, for the race cars the most interesting days are maybe behind them, but for the rest of the models we are no more nor less part of the history than the guy who went to the show room in the 50s/60s/70’s . When we drive them, restore them, show them, we are adding to the history. Marcel’s reports reflect this. Red books are fine (though flawed) and they reassure us and future owners, but a Massini report tells a car’s story which to me is more interesting.

15. johnaz

johnaz Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2009
    Carefree, AZ/Anchorage, Alaska
    Full Name:
    John Schwamm

16. johnaz

johnaz Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2009
    Carefree, AZ/Anchorage, Alaska
    Full Name:
    John Schwamm
    What is the normal cost for Massini report for car like 512BBi or GTC4?
    Thanks,
    John

17. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Feel free to contact me.

Marcel Massini

18. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I think I know why Marcel is smiling.
    He is probably thinking as I would be, how am I going to get out of this thing looking dignified!

19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yes, best way to get out of some of these cars is to crawl out on all fours:)!

20. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Interesting aside: I once dated a girl who had been to a posh London “finishing school”.
    They had a car seat/door assembly with variable heights.
    The idea was to teach young ladies how to exit cars of various heights while wearing short dresses/skirts AND keeping, shall we say, their dignity intact.
    I can always forward their details to Marcel ;)

21. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    E types were a favorite;)

Fennicus and Jack-the-lad like this.
  22. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Pants are the worst thing to happen to women's couture.......;)

Nembo1777 likes this.
  23. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Lotus Europa as well.

24. Schlesser

Schlesser Karting

Feb 12, 2013
    To get out? Beware! First, he has to keep smiling and produce the long overdue quality report. Only then he can get out and it's a relief that he is not Scottish!

25. Schlesser

Schlesser Karting

Feb 12, 2013
    And about how much is the difference between 0846 and a 550 Maranello?