400GT Interior door handle | FerrariChat

400GT Interior door handle

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Tojo, May 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Can someome please tell me, or post a picture of what is the correct interior door opening handle for a 400GT. Mine is a '77 model, and my handles are the ovalish 365 style. I don't have some of the plastic trim that sits behind the handle. I ask the question because when I paid a visit to GT Carparts a couple of weeks ago the guy there was adamant the the 400GT's should have the rectangular style mechanism. If someone can point me in the right direction so I can decide whether to change them or leave them that would be great. Thanks

2. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
  3. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Thanks David, I will investigate finding the correct parts on my next trip to GT Carparts. I wonder if the cutout on the door cards for the handles are the same size for the 365 vs 400? Most likely not, just to make life difficult for me....

4. roger21

roger21 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Stéphane
    Hi Tim. Don’t forget that even if every 400 has the rectangular handle, yours may have a good reason to have the old style ones... special order, old stock (77 is not so far from the last 365...)
    We never really know with these cars, do we?

5. Tojo

Tojo Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2002
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Very true Roger. I know I have the original door trims. I'll do a measure up of a friend's 400i, see if there's any difference and go from there. It certainly looks like nothing inside the doors has ever been disassembled before. Your theory on old stock or special order may be correct.

Sent from my SM-G935F using FerrariChat.com mobile app