I think I was ripped off for $4,000. Can you guys help me? | Page 20 | FerrariChat

I think I was ripped off for $4,000. Can you guys help me?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Eric C, Feb 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Hahahah, just hope she isn't a blonde or sid might runaway with her!

Ron328 and daytona355 like this.
  2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    That just made me think of something that happened a fair time ago, but it’s funny, outrageous too, and I know you guys like a good romp!

I once had a girlfriend that managed to last a few years, but when she wanted to get married, I wasn’t quite as keen, so to punish me, she started an affair. For me, it was a case of pick up your stuff and move, I’m not the most emotionally invested person in the world about such things, but the guy she was cheating with was a personal trainer at a gym.

I start to hear from friends that this guy, who is supposedly a big tough rugby playing fitness fanatic, is telling anyone that will listen that I let her go cos I was scared of him, and he was going to give me a bloody good hiding if he ever met me, he isn’t scared of me in any way at all.

Now I will point out at this stage, I’m not a nasty piece of work, I’m a normal working man, but with a Sicilian family in my past, I do live by certain rules, and carry myself certain ways. I won’t let people walk over me, and if they are looking for a problem, I won’t back down and be nice about it. I heard the stories, and felt that his continued bravado was making me look bad, and for no good reason, and that in the meantime, he was getting the benefit of respect from people that suddenly thought no nonsense me was frightened so he must be a serious guy, and he was using it to back up his sideline in steroids and the odd coke deal.

Myself and timebomb visited him at his gym one night, he’d been trying to change shifts at the last minute so I couldn’t plan to meet him, but the receptionist liked a drink, and made sure to tell me the changed shifts. Timebomb watched the door, and let’s just say that the big tough man was terribly scared, so much so that as I asked him politely to never mention my name again, and suggested it might be in his interests to move (pretending of course to be the nasty, stereotypical Sicilian) he embarrassingly wet himself. Didn’t need to touch him, didn’t need to raise my voice, and timebomb learnt you don’t have to go postal every time! There is a little more to the visit, but I don’t want to put that bit in writing.

Next Day, gym bunny left his rented room and moved to a new gym in wales somewhere, according to the receptionist. My ex wasn’t entirely chuffed, but we are best friends again now (drove her to her wedding in the ferrari, see a previous thread), so alls well that ends well!

3. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Sounds like a happy ending and one I probably would not have expected. Congratulations (though that's wrong really because you got back what was rightfully yours) Eric and well done Sid.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. klointheridge

klointheridge Karting

Jun 5, 2017
    Westchester Cty, NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin Long
    I was just about to offer you room if you ever come to NY... kidding. Our Sicilian heritage would be good fodder for chat.

This thread is evidence of the incredible community we have here and the tenacity of one Sicilian Sid and the OP who felt comfortable enough to ask for help.

Best thread I’ve read here.

5. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ahhh, someone from the old country, I’d imagine you have quite a few interesting tales to tell too. The land produces us slightly different over there I think, the family I met that are still in Lercara and Palermo have some funny ways!

6. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yeah. Sid is proof that there are still good people out there.

7. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Nominated for Best Thread of 2018! I love a good mystery/crime story and this had it all.
    Sid, as a fellow Sicilian (1/2) you make me proud. My family has some dubious characters of which we do not speak. While I would never approve of their tactics, there was a reason for the rise of La Cosa Nostra in the US.
    Very entertaining all through the 20 pages. Congrats guys on pursuing this, getting the money back and generating a huge following from this most interesting thread. Grazie mille!

daytona355 likes this.
  8. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    All well ends well!

daytona355 likes this.
  9. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    So Eric have you actually bought another Ferrari Opus edition from somewhere else?

10. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    No I have not. This has pretty much ruined any desire to own one.

11. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    I'm not surprised !!!

12. PKIM

PKIM Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Redlands
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Congrats to Eric for getting his money back. Wow, just like others I thought kiss it good bye! Great work by Sid, your Da Man and a true gentleman. Glad everything worked out, persistent pays. Eric, you learned a valuable lesson in being street smart, unfortunately there are scam artist out there and this thread just exposed one sob. Fchat is a great community.

daytona355 likes this.
  13. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #488 Eric C, Jun 15, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2018
    An update. I've been contacted by someone else that Alberto stole thousands of dollars from over a Zanardi Helmet. This transaction happened last October. He was promised a refund in Jan and March but he hasn't been heard from since. Steve got involved and Alberto responded immediately.

daytona355 likes this.
  14. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    Eric,

You may want to put some distance between you and Alberto. That advisement at the end of his email is not a good sign and posting it here may complicate things for you. I'm not an attorney but after paying attorneys for 20 years....you learn a thing or two.

daytona355 likes this.
  15. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Alberto is still at it. I'm still receiving emails from victims that have been scammed by Alberto. How this guy isn't in prison is beyond me.

daytona355 likes this.
  16. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    One of these days he'll scam the wrong person, and then he'll wish he was just in prison. ;)

daytona355 likes this.
  17. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Fly to his house.... see how he is doing with being $4,000 better off. Really hate this happened.

daytona355 likes this.
  18. Purch23

Purch23 Karting

Jul 2, 2019
    CT
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I just read the whole thread, very entertaining, glad it worked out for you Eric.

daytona355 and PinoAl like this.
  19. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    What happened to Sid to cause him to be banned?

daytona355 likes this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Stupid F1 forum rules. He is back soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. AshAP

AshAP Karting

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ash
    Didn’t Jason Statham offer to go round and knock the guy out? It’s a long time since I read this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

daytona355 likes this.
  22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I took offence at someone who was casting aspersions about me, and stated I wouldn’t put him on ignore so I could keep an eye on what he was saying about me, and I was banned for stating such. Meanwhile, despite launching attacks on me, he was not banned nor even chastised.

On the subject of Alberto, I had him contact me (Eric, I know he copied you in on some emails, not sure if all of them) and he seemed to be asking me for help to get money back from the distributors of the Opus. I’m a fair chap, and knew he had repaid the people I knew about, so I was going to help him, but he insisted I in some way apologised for making him repay Eric, and told everyone he was a great guy. Supposedly, we shouldn’t have judged him about the situation as he’s a great guy, and Eric was just being over the top! I corrected him, made sure he knew that of course, if the boot were on the other foot he would have acted just the same as Eric and I, and there was just a barrage of emails then about him being a great guy and trying to get Eric to apologise for being scammed essentially.... suffice to say, Timebomb, my Albanian friends, nor I, wanted to get involved - it’s a car crash waiting to happen.

Gh21631, AshAP, stavura and 4 others like this.
  23. lanab

lanab Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2016
    Stockholm, Sweden
    This guy is still active but under another company name in Italy, he is a scammer for sure..

He refuses to return his address but is willing to give all bank account information for wiring, he get stressed out when i press him and say i only have one day to decide, otherwise no deal, he refused my first offer one week ago and got back accepting it.

What a joke...not paying a cent to that guy.

Eric C likes this.
  24. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    OMG. Dude, stay far far away from this crook! I forgot all about this!

Ivan Drago likes this.
  25. lanab

lanab Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2016
    Stockholm, Sweden
    This guy is now stalking me with emails, i told him we have a deal if my friend come and visit who lives close, he says he needs to close deal latest Monday otherwise or no deal for this price, he refuses to leave his address but gives me phone number.

Tracking down the payment details the address goes to some hotel apartment room in Belgium, Avenue Louise 54, Room S52, after investigating it more i found out that there are other scammers out of the same address.

https://www.scamwatcher.com/scam/view/553045

He now got back to me and said i am just playing with him where i told him i don't deal with scammer and legal authorities will get him in the end.

What is wrong with these people and why have the police not put him in jail yet?

The guy operates from Lascuderiarossa and now redhorseparts, he moves around with different company names and plays hard ball to get the customer to really want to buy, in my case he refused the first offer, then i got back some weeks later with a really good offer and he tells me he is in hospital and will speak later, remember first post in this thread about the father who died? they use the same tactics...