Quick Jack Lift | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Quick Jack Lift

Discussion in '360/430' started by whatheheck, May 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Thank you for spearheading and organizing this for us, Dan!

If they come back and say they need more than 10 people for a better than 10% off deal, I'm sure that if we were to post up a QuickJack group buy to the general forum and not just in the 360/430 subforum, we'd easily pick up a lot more interested parties.

whatheheck likes this.
  2. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks!

Yes, if we create a new thread on other sections of FChat Im certain we can easily pick up more interested parties.

I'm hesitant in doing that as:
    1) Moderators may delete our thread thinking we are promoting a non board sponsor product. (Been there before.....)
    2) I dont want this to get too big and I get automatically assigned to manage the orders (People emailing where their orders are, they received a defective product, they're not happy with it, theirs have missing parts, etc.)

As I mentioned, there is nothing in this for me, just trying to help others save some money. But at the same time if this gets to be too big and a big headache resulting with unhappy members, or risk me getting in trouble here or getting banned - I would rather pay full price and call it good. Cant put a price tag on peace of mind......

I hope you understand.

Dan

3. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    I've managed group buys in the past on other forums and boy oh boy, the above couldn't be more true! So yes, I totally get it and am super grateful you volunteered to do this for us! :D

Jaguar36 and whatheheck like this.
  4. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for understanding.

Dan

5. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    If you are doing fluids, how do you get the rear floor off while using this? Isn't it in the way? Thanks.

6. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    I’m interested as well. Count me in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whatheheck likes this.
  7. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    You need to lift it and take out as many bolts as you can and leave the ones near the edges in. Then lower it with a piece of two by four or equvilant under the rear tires. Then just remove the remaining bolts and slide it out the side. At least that’s how I do it.

jcurry and whatheheck like this.
  8. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Sylvan Lake Alberta Canada
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    whatheheck likes this.
  9. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    That's a great deal!

Will Costco Canada deliver to US address that way we don't have to deal with group buys?

Dan

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

klointheridge likes this.
  10. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    They might but they may also charge a vat.

11. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    True.....

12. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
  13. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Sorry but I have no way of knowing that.

14. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Here's latest and greatest and I quote a sales rep from Quick Jack eMail to me:

"For the price of $1196 it would have to ship to the same location but if you have it shipped to different locations, I will go ahead and take $100 off each unit if you guys purchase directly through me. We are currently backordered on the 110V power unit until the middle of June so there is a lead time on this unit"

And the above is minimum 10 orders.
    I checked independent sellers and they are out of stock of 110V model. Apparently popular item.
    So at this point I dont know if this is worth pursuing to save $100.00........

Or we can all just order directly from Quick Jack or another seller & pay retail of $1,349.00 with free shipping.
    Kindly share your thoughts.

If there are still people interested in saving $100.00 I can ask the sales person for the discount code.

Silence mean this stops here and we all do our own thing.
    Thanks.

Dan

15. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Thank you for following up on this, Dan!

Bummer that the $1196 price is only if they all ship to 1 location which obviously won't work for us but $100 off is the same deal they gave out last Black Friday so that's not a particularly great deal either.

I feel like if we all independently reached out to QuickJack and asked for a forum discount on our own, they would've given that same $100 off deal to each of us so I'll probably pass until I really need this. Sorry but thank you for doing all of this for us, Dan!

whatheheck likes this.
  16. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    The price has gone up a couple of hundred since I bought mine but it's still a good deal. I think I bought mine around the holidays so they were on sale. I would personally try to get it from northern tool because they are known for 10% coupons all the time and free shipping. That's how I buy all my Milwaukee stuff.

whatheheck likes this.
  17. FrankForrest

FrankForrest Rookie

Nov 12, 2016
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Glen
    What's the problem - let's just get them all shipped to Dan's house ; ) And I just checked the Canadian Costco website. They say that these may be available in the warehouse for just over $1,000 USD. There are a bunch of Costcos just across the Washington State border. Too bad though about their GST/PST which adds up to 12% although I think you may be able to apply for refund for 7% of that, not sure though. And then there are the US duties, but if you stay two days and are with someone else, you can bring back $1,600 duty free. Maybe time for a road trip????

whatheheck likes this.
  18. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Here’s what I was talking about fitment—

“Can anyone tell me if the quickjack 5000SLX works with the 993. Meaning, the tires won’t rub on the quickjack when jacking it up.........told the quickjack sales guy my messurments tire to tire, roughly 69” (give or take), but differently not more than 70”. He recommend the 3500 or 5000. I then Told him I couldn’t have the tires rub. He told me neither would work because the 5000 would be too long and 3500 might not be long enough to reach the jack points.....and I don’t want to turn the quickjacks sideways....Thanks “

19. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    For the purpose of this thread, have we concluded the model 5000slx is what we need for our 360s and 430s? If so, who has any in stock and at what price.

20. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'm interested as well if a deeper discount can be attained.

whatheheck likes this.
  21. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Here's latest:

My understanding is the 5000slx works best for 360 & F430.

Manufacturer is currently sold out on 110 Volts model and there's a 2 month lead time.

We have 11 members interested in buying one but the seller's offer of only $100 discount is not enough of an incentive for our members to jump on it.

Im ready to buy one but since I don't need it right away I'm waiting for a better deal.

Dan

22. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Dan,
    Let me know, or update this thread, when you find a better deal. I'm in.

whatheheck likes this.
  23. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Sounds good and will do Joe.

Dan

24. 8202632

8202632 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2017
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    CDC
    I have the 7000. Works great on my Carrera. Haven’t put the f car up on it yet. Measure the distance bw the jack points. Pelican often runs specials on free shipping and free atf fluid

whatheheck likes this.
  25. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Every retailer that sells the QuickJack does so by shipping direct from mtg. In other words, none of them have it in stock. They also all offer the same price, so if we don't get a discount, it's going to come down to getting it from whichever retailer is closest to you. Also, be careful leery about taking advantage of any discount offers, such as on new orders, because from what I've seen so far, these are excluded.