Alfa Romeo 4c who has one? | Page 19 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo 4c who has one?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ferrari#7, Jul 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom

Actually, the TCU is a flash unrelated to the ECU. The clone does not update the TCU. And there are 3 stages of TCU tunes available

2. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom

The problem with the car is it that the torque curve falls off. The cars needs more torque through the power band and not HP. If your car is not pulling all the way through 7000, i'd reconsider the tune your running. I was out at Big Willow on Tuesday and mine does not fall off at all.

3. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    NEP, 360Tom, Carnut and 2 others like this.
  4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Awesome! Its a pint sized Scuderia. :)

I drove mine today. So much fun.

5. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    My 4C story:

I initially dismissed the car when it came out; no manual transmission, don't care.

Last year, I had a client offer his 4C as a trade for a car (an Alfa Spider, interestingly). I drove the car, and my mind was blown. We didn't end up working out a trade deal, but the next week I bought a brand new 2018 coupe for myself. Rosso Alfa, black full leather, black 5-holes, and really no other options.

I LOVE the car. Even more now than when I bought it. I love looking at it and I love driving it. The transmission is actually perfectly paired to the car. A manual just wouldn't work with the power delivery of the car. It's actually more fun than something like a 458 or even 430 on the road; you can wind it out (at least some) without risking your license. The non-power steering feel is amazing, the brakes are world class, and I just love the combination of the wide track and short wheelbase. So much fun.

It really is the modern Dino. I tell people that if it had a Ferrari badge on the front, or better yet a Dino badge, and they doubled the asking price, there would still be a line out of the Ferrari dealership.

wrh3, NEP, flat_plane_eddie and 4 others like this.
  6. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Congratulations on the new spider. I agree with Michael. I have over 800 miles on my car so far. I absolutely love it. It’s my favorite car in the garage to drive now. I use it is my daily driver.

NEP, 360Tom and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I owned a 246 Dino gt for 15 years and I completely agree. I said this when I bought mine 3 years ago. Anyone who has driven a Dino would see that's it's small, pretty, simple, has no power steering, and is "raw". Its also not so fast that you can't give it the beans without being worried about being arrested. Its "fast enough" for enjoying on city streets. So was my Dino.

Do I wish it came with a manual? Yes. But I still enjoy it without one.

And I completely agree if it had Prancing Horse logos on the side it would sell for twice what it does now. But, that makes it a bargain for those who like this sort of thing.

8. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Thanks guys just put a nice coat of wax on her after her inaugural wash. Tomorrow I fab up the exhaust and put on my new engine mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

galt and bcorner like this.
  9. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Tom, mine is box stock. What do you believe is the most cost effective upgrade to get to the desired "pull through 7000" characteristic?

10. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I've been looking at picking up a 4C Spider for a while and I have a question for those that have one: how do you feel about the seating position? I tend to sit pretty upright when I drive for fun, so it isn't terrible for me, but being able to lean the seat back 1 more click would definitely help with being able to see the gauges. I've heard that the dealer may be able to adjust the seat in this manner--can anyone confirm if that's possible?

11. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    What is the 4C laptime @ WSIR?

12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    As far as I know the only adjustment the dealer can do is raise the seat a bit. This is to help some people who have a hard time getting in and out. I don't think there is anymore space backwards but the steering wheel adjusts. Have you tried that?

13. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    The seat bottom can be raised a little and tilted back slightly. There are extra holes on the seat rales for this. Not sure if the seat back tilts with the bottom, though.

14. Michael Call

Michael Call Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2008
    S.L.C. Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D. Call
    The answer is YES. I was finally able to find an acceptable position by mounting the seat at it’s highest position on the front and lowest position at the rear. This rocks the seat back slightly, but just enough to make a profound difference.

15. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks for the help! That makes sense about raising the front of the seat. As long as it tilts the seat back with it--even just a little--it could make a big difference.

16. riccardone

riccardone Karting

May 24, 2015
    Actually you just made me realize that the best mods for the 4C would be a super tight steering ratio with 2 turns lock to lock, like a racecar, and a cutoff top steering wheel. That would be amazingly badass and also allow a tall person to see the top half of the gauge screen.

17. riccardone

riccardone Karting

May 24, 2015

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yah that probably makes sense. For me, I don't have a problem with it but lets face it, the 4c has pretty minimal space inside for much of anything. The best mod I've done is put a car caddy wedged in between the passenger seat an center console. Then a cup holder and suction cup phone holder. Works great for GPS and also streaming audio.

19. kevinl

kevinl Rookie

Sep 23, 2011
    The steering wheel has been cut, a couple of threads are on the 4c forum. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
  21. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Mmmm... I don't see the point. But if it works or them, so be it. IMO, I'd rather have the ability to grab the wheel anyway I want at any time. Who really cares about the gauges?

Anyone who has driven one knows that the steering wheel REALLY loads up in hard turns. You need some strength and as much leverage as you can muster to hold tight turns at speed. I'd rather have the entire wheel to grab onto. In fact the bottom of the wheel is cut a bit too short for me. I keep getting my thumb stuck in the slot!

22. kevinl

kevinl Rookie

Sep 23, 2011
    I would not do it to mine, but it’s been done.

23. riccardone

riccardone Karting

May 24, 2015
    Yeah that's why I'd only do it if the ratio was such that I could go lock to lock without taking the hands off the wheel, but I guess then it'd be really difficult to drive. Call me old-fashioned, but I quite like to be able to see the gauges...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

24. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    One of the charms of the car is it does not have power steering. I find the steering really nice as it is, if the ratio was changed I would think the effort required to turn the wheel in a parking lot would be massive.

RE the guages, have not problem seeing them myself with the seat on the lowest setting and I a a hair over 6ft.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

25. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'd say ECU Clone and Exhaust system. I'm running Pogea Racing Ecu and system. There are few options out there. If your interested in Pogea, let me know?