Pogea Ferrari 488 F+ | FerrariChat

Pogea Ferrari 488 F+

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 360Tom, May 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What do you think?

1. Like?

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Don't like?

17 vote(s)
    70.8%
  1. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Just curious if any of you have seen this yet. It is designed to be a competitor for the Pista. I'll post the press release so you can read all the details without me having to type it all up.

Just a little info.
    New front apron, rear apron, active diffusors, side wings, side sills, rear wing, carbon mirror housings, ventilation and deck lid spoiler, wheels, exhaust system with valve control and ECU tune.

Pogea 488 F + 810.75 HP
    0-100KM 2.8 Seconds
    Top Speed 214.373
    Limited to 20 builds worldwide. Everything is made in house in Germany.

Ferrari Pista 710 HP
    0-100KM 2.85 seconds
    Top Speed 211

Attached it the PDF of all of the spec
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Not a fan of the two tone roof- but other than that, I like it.

At 800hp- is it still drivable? On a daily basis like the 488?

Also- any idea on the cost?

3. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Is this like Alpina? I see they are a separate company but are they taking a factory fresh 488 gtb and modding it?

4. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It is very drivable from what I hear. I was told the entire kit installed was around 90K. But, if your really want to exact amount, I'd contact Pogea racing.

They are taking factory fresh cars and modding them. They hired a designer from Italy who clay molded the car out. It's quite an impressive build when you see how it was done and how precise it was handled. I'll pull some pics of the build from my text and upload them later this afternoon.

https://www.pogea-racing.com

5. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    This isn't a competitor to the Pista. This is just a modified car.

saf-kiwi, Condor Man and Viperjoe like this.
  6. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    Aren't all of these second edition models just modified versions of the original to some extent? (488 > Pista, 458 > Speciale)

Jim

7. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Yes, with a compromised warranty (if any at all) and overblown HP numbers that will later have owners scratching their heads when they blow a gasket not being able to keep up with lower HP cars.

8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Not a bad design.
    A bit Mclaren and Lambo mixed in the rear.

9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Aesthetically it looks hot on the outside but the power mods = factory warranty gone. 488 has so much power stock so the extra 140hp must surely tax the life of the engine and mechanicals to some degree? And then will it drive as a sum of its parts? Probably needs AWD to put all that extra power down.... Like the look though but the rear wing is a bit tack on. Not a fan of those wheels either.

10. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Looks like random carbon bits added with no consideration for aero.

The blunt square edges of the parts really make them look cheap and cheesy not mention the car looks a mess with all the randomness of the black bits on the red.

Makuono likes this.
  11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It is OK, the 488 looks pretty darn good as is and this is no match for the looks of the Pista. I would save my money and just buy a Pista. If you want more power, it is easy enough to tune a 488 or any car with a turbo. I bet Ferrari left a bit on the table, I know they did for a fact on the NA engines before this.

12. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    We always get a sense of the power withheld by Ferrari by the ECU mods available from 3rd parties almost immediately after a new model release (not that I'd personally ever use one).

Jim

13. spyder625

spyder625 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2017
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    looks rough and tough.. wonder if they have something for the 458

14. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    No, they started with the 488. And Aero was in mind through out the process. It was designed by Michele Leonello out of Milan. If you want actual base Dyno numbers, I can get those for you.