F12B Exhaust Comparison | FerrariChat

F12B Exhaust Comparison

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by ezf12, May 18, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ezf12

ezf12 Rookie

Sep 30, 2016
    Looking at installing a full exhaust system on my car (Backbox, X-Pipe, Downpipes with sport cats).

Has anyone heard the FI and Novitec (or others for that matter) systems in real life and can compare the tone, quality and loudness of each system?

2. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    While not an F12 I am likely going with a Kline exhaust for my Lusso....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. 4RE F12

4RE F12 Karting

Apr 19, 2016
    B.C., Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew W.
    I believe the Novitec conversions use an IPE exhaust system which from the you tube videos sounds very aggressive - very 'formula one" but, i have not heard this exhaust in person...... Last year at the F-Store I heard an F12 with a Capistro exhaust...... it sounded nice but to my ears it was less aggressive than what i've heard from Novitec but, it still made a nice throaty sound.

4. ezf12

ezf12 Rookie

Sep 30, 2016
    Also considering Kline as well, very attractive price point and quality seems to be top notch. Have you heard it in the flesh?

5. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    I run the Kline 200cells catpipes and Xpipe on my F12 with the oem mufflers for now.
    Not a single mod at mounting, no drone at any rpm, I'm pretty pleased with the products.
    Sound is F1 level, you want to upshift and downshift only by "glutonny"!:cool::rolleyes:

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Increasing the sound at a particular RPM means increased sound when cruising at that level no matter how you slice it. Great for spirited driving but not all the time. A valve controller would be a good solution.

7. 250boano

250boano Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2022
    Europe
    Full Name:
    DD
    Just to clarify this isn't correct - one or two cars have ended up running alternative brands but...and I'm going to shock you here...most of the N Largos run a Novitec exhausts