2018 Stoogefest May 19th at My Place | Page 5 | FerrariChat

2018 Stoogefest May 19th at My Place

Discussion in '348/355' started by vvassallo, Apr 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

Got the tats covered decades ago. I used to run with a motorcycle club out of NYC years back, but I'm feeling much better now.
    Broke my neck, back and just about every bone in my body over the years, I'll never grow up

:)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

phrogs likes this.
  2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    You mean sell 355's and buy 348's? Aren't you the one with power convertible tops and power steering? OK you date twins...I give you a pass.

3. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    The only item for membership in this squad is a tin foil hat, in deference to a comment by Brian Crall.

4. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    Great gathering. I missed the chance to go euro in the pool.

Sufari, that drink is a lethal mix. Got light headed nearly half a can. I couldn’t tell Vince from Peter.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. SethP

SethP Karting

Jul 2, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Full Name:
    Seth Parks
    Some photos form today. It was great meeting you all!

Attached Files:

6. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks again to Vince and Barbara for hosting yet another successful Stoogefest!

7. 3forty8

3forty8 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 25, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Eric
    So who got the Ketel??? I had to leave early to get back to SD to take my wife to Fiesta Del Sol, but my vote was for Jeff!

Huge thanks to Vince and Barbara for hosting another fantastic event! They have been hosting these for so many years now that we have all learned from each other and sorted all the various issues with our cars. Years ago we actually worked on our cars, now they all run great so we mostly just eat, drink and swap lies! So wonderful to see the gang again today and meet new Stooges.

Vince and Barbara even designed and made t-shirts for the event. If you didn't go, you missed out! I'll be proudly wearing this on my Borrego rally tomorrow:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

WATSON likes this.
  8. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    ....everyone still seems to be recovering.

sjd

9. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    I'm up and around
    Great time lot s food and drinks. I think an old change was done LOL

steved033 likes this.
  10. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    1) So there is now actually a Ketel award? :D

2) Entirely too may cars with roofs for SoCal. :(

11. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I heard someone showed up in a non-Ferrari, a Mercedes no less.

Surfari and Toonfosi like this.
  12. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I heard someone showed up in a, perish the thought, a Porsche! Could have been a Ketel winner just for that.

Surfari likes this.
  13. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Nope, the guy who left his car out in the rain and now it is running like crap and cannot make the trip, got the Ketel. Ketel again, who else?

14. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

LOL thats why it's called the Kettle. he's the babe ruth of that game

15. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    For someone who owns 4 Ferraris to show up in a running Porsche, that alone says something about Ferrari ownership. On the other hand, as Vince says, it is a Porsche version of a Ferrari. He gave his blessing.

16. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Nobody hassled me for driving my truck...in my defense I had 40bls of ice and a bunch of tools that nobody used. We need to go drive fast and break some stuff. I think we need to do a stoogefest where we track prep on friday and hit the track on saturday. I just bough this spray on clear rubber to try in lieu of clear bra. When done you peel it right off.

SoCal1 likes this.
  17. Surfari

Surfari Karting

Nov 4, 2016
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Luke
    That stuff is aggressive, but gets ya going haha. After I got home, I mixed half that Thai Red Bull with a splash of vodka. I was able to do twice as much stupid stuff at double the pace!

18. Surfari

Surfari Karting

Nov 4, 2016
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Luke
    Thank you again for hosting us, Vince and Barbara! Even though little work was actually done, I still picked up some knowledge. Something will surely need fixing after the summer

19. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    LOL! That should be the official stooge drink..."2x stupid stuff, 2x speed"

Surfari likes this.
  20. Surfari

Surfari Karting

Nov 4, 2016
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Luke
    We might need an additional ketel to award if we do hahaha

21. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    Not. trying to stir the pot or anything. I saw a few BMWs, Mercedes, a Porsche and a dodge truck with a tow hitch on the front bumper. A gateway drug just opened up. It’s just a matter of time we gonna see Honda Civic’s with lawn chair on top the trunk. SMH

22. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
  23. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Another fun day with old and new friends. First time our 348's outnumbered the 355's. But a good balance. Except for the Porsche GT3 and the girlie-man Merc ragtop. Now that's a gellhead car! Sorry, Peter. ;)

The score card is 3 turkeys fried, we ate 2 of them. 10 lbs of chicken wings, 5 lbs of potato wedges, a huge tortellini salad, lots of deserts - Stooges like sweets. Snackies, etc. I can't even remember all the stuff consumed. Thank you all for attending, despite the weather not being prefect. It was cooler than normal. Props to Eric for making the drive from SD and Mitchell, as always our resident NorCal Stooge braving the 5 from the Bay Area. Seth came from Moreno, which isn't that close. I'm always impressed at who bothers to show up for this little gathering. The knowledge sharing is impressive even if we don't work on cars as much, not that we won't. Goth was there to explain all of the odds and ends he makes to help the 355 run more reliably. Of course, we Stooges prevailed on him to make us more stuff that is getting scarce. Enhancing our cars is one thing, but we have to keep them running. Our guest of honor was Jeff, well, because he didn't die on us, which was pretty cool. Which didn't stop us from having him show Derek how to change his oil.

Here are some random pix. The Ketel award was in attendance and awarded, but the name of the official inductee has been omitted for now.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

Berning likes this.
  24. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'll see a lot of you at the FCA picnic on June 3rd. Otherwise - the October Stoogeapalooza is less than 5 months away!

25. Derekevan13

Derekevan13 Karting

Jun 9, 2017
    Thank you Vince & Barbara for the hospitality and a very enjoyable afternoon. It was great meeting you all and I look forward to many more Stoogefest events in the future. Special thanks to Jeff for helping me out with the oil change and to Vince for his tools. Looking forward to seeing those attending the FCA picnic in a couple weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app