360 conversion | FerrariChat

360 conversion

Discussion in '360/430' started by RANDY6005, May 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
  2. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    I deleted third brake light and replace lower FIA Rain Light it has 3 modes static and rain and hazard , removal of powers windows and motors and regulators glass and replace Factory Lexan glass side glass for the doors. Euro spec front and rear bumpers new from Ferrari CS style and side skirts all huge weight savings .Removal of stock seat belts and air bags replaced with Factory four point Race harnesses and roll bar, no need for air bags wend strap in the car, you will never have air bags touch you in a collision. This car weights less than a stock USA 360 Challenge Stradale .The car is at Mase Engineering in Jacksonville Fla. Doing the tuning and deleting Evap and secondary air system. Its going on the scales next week to get the exact weight.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Looks great, Randy. Very impressive project.
    Curious, how much less do you think this ended up costing than buying a CS?

chipbiii, Justinthecity and RANDY6005 like this.
  4. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Great question just under 120000.00 maybe less . I can promise you this one of the most complete conversion ever done from bumper to bumper .

5. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Question is how much did all the cs parts cost?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    That's an amazing transformation! Interesting solution to getting the incuse front clip for the shields. I'm thinking of adding shields and tan Daytona seats to mine, but I was thinking of just getting the right factory front clip. Also looking for red or yellow calipers as mine are silver.

Plan is to keep all the stock parts so it can be reconverted if need be. I just want it as I would have ordered it.

7. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    The bigger Question where can you buy all these CS parts Must are no Longer for Sale ...Please forget about the Money The Hard part s finding them wend they come up for sale you Buy them !!!!!

brianweekes likes this.
  8. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Now is the golden age of 360 parts. So many of these cars have been totaled and parted out now. I think it's Exotic Auto Recyclers that has over a thousand 360 parts in inventory.

9. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    Randy, I’m amazed!
    Easily one of the most comprahensive and best looking conversions I’ve seen.

Keep at it! And have them pics coming...

RANDY6005, thezone and F50gta like this.
  10. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Fantastic! I'm looking forward to updates on this.

RANDY6005 likes this.
  11. Texas Turbo

Texas Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Austin, TX
    WOW! This is impressive... please keep the pics coming!

RANDY6005 and F50gta like this.
  12. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Thank you very much Mickster

13. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    The hardest part of the build was FINDING people that take PRIDE in there work I was very lucky. The welder Stacey at Performance welding was a big part wielding factory roll bar plates and the badges plates for the front fenders, the Race battery tray even deleting the third brake . This guy can weld beer cans together that is hell of a skill set . My painter Matt is the best I have ever seen, he painted real stripes and sprayed over six coats of clear he spent almost one whole week just cutting and buffing the paint in the sun it looks like red chrome. He even separated the head lights and repainted the red, and he installed every single new Factory CS wire harnesses. Funny thing must every body that seen all the new updates were shock went it crank up on the first try !! Thanks every one for letting me share my 360 conversion story ..

14. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY

Attached Files:

Mickster likes this.
  15. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    There is someone on ebay selling challenge interior cheap right now

16. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Thats is Steve Mase from Mase engineering doing the final tune. Who would have thought the Factory 360 Challenge Race exhaust would make more Horse Power than Tubi and Fab speed and Crispo exhaust ?? I will post the final results and the weight in very soon :mad:

Attached Files:

EnergyTrader likes this.
  17. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
  18. sinhgf430

sinhgf430 Rookie

Feb 14, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    lo
    Can you post a link ?

19. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    RANDY6005 and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  20. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    He allso lexan front windshield

RANDY6005 likes this.
  21. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Alacantara was design by a Japaneses Scientist in the late seventies Ferrari likes to use it because it has no weight and flame retardant many high in companies Louis Vuitton and Gucci and so on

22. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    I did some research on Alcantara when I was ordering my Quad last summer. It is synthetic suede and can be manufactured in a variety of weights and thicknesses. As far as I know, it weighs the same or maybe a tiny fraction less by volume than standard suede or hide. The big benefit is not weight, or even flame protection since it is NOT Nomex. (Some versions are to a degree by impregnation, Alcantara does tend to smolder as opposed to catch flame in any case but is not an equal to Nomex) The biggest benefit is ease of care and cleaning and maybe the top pic... tactile grip and slip resistance. I think this is the main selling point in sport applications. The seat inserts on the Giulia Quadrifoglio are Alcantara. While this does help you stay in the seat during hard cornering and braking, it is a bit of a pain when entering or exiting the vehicle. It acts like velcro and makes it difficult to pivot to pull your feet in and out of the foot well. That's my impression. I will see about cleaning shortly as I plan to detail the interior for the first time since taking delivery in December. Interior seems fine and the only thing I really noticed apart from the standard winter salt and such, is the dust and pollen of Spring. Those are both just facts of life regardless.

RANDY6005 likes this.
  23. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    You have some very good points John, for me I wanted to save as much as weight as possible. I had both dashes weighed the leather and the covered the Alcantara between the upper and lower dash just over nine pounds. Aside from the weight savings I like the Alcantara look better and feel. Did you know there is a cleaner just made for Alcantara ? Sonax made in Germany here is a link that show how to care and clean your Alactara ..

Image Unavailable, Please Login

jehu999 likes this.