What did you have for lunch today? | Page 56 | FerrariChat

What did you have for lunch today?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Aug 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I made egg salad sandwiches. Weight watchers bread. So it wasn't that good.......

Today is a holiday in Canada..... Man the border lines killer. Glad I didn't go to the states today.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That's what my wife ate for lunch, on a low carb tortilla! Blech. I love hard boiled eggs, but can't stand egg salad. Go figure. I had left over soup.
    T

3. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I split a flat of 24 farm fresh eggs with my parents yesterday..... So need to make egg based breakfast and lunch.... I should have had it on a low carb tortilla.

4. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Max...Google "egg casserole recipes". This is a good way to use up a bunch of eggs. Add whatever ingredients you like to the eggs - sausage, cheese, mushrooms, etc. It's pretty easy to whip up. And, in my experience, it keeps well for a few days, so you have leftovers...T

5. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Good plan T...... I'm trying to eat light and avoid restaurants..... But back to 99% restaurant meals, uurrggh!

6. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    I love egg salad and have it every weekend I'm home. However, I have a healthy recipe whereby I use avocado mayo, organic cage-free eggs, honey mustard, lemon-flavored fish oil, smoked paprika and tabasco, and eat it on organic bread.

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Avocado mayo? Lemon-flavored fish oil? May have to look into these as a way of sneaking some Omega 3,6's into our diet while keeping the griping to a minimum...T

8. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Mine was less fancy. Regular mayo and some paprika...... I just wanted to use up the dozen eggs fast.... My breakfast is still a hard boiled egg. I meant we split two 24 flats of eggs. So need to go through the flat fast.... Even though they are farm fresh and will last a lot longer in the fridge...............

Its noon here. No lunch yet! I'm taking my mother too her doctors appointment. Means a late lunch, probably do KFC or A&W. The later also serves fried chicken here.

A little A&W trivia. The American company sold the Canadian operations in the 1970's. So here its just a license of the name deal. The menu is the same from the 1970's in Canada with a few new items added. But its still a totally separate company from A&W America. Only thing the same is the root beer.

9. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I got chicken bacon wrap at Tim Hortons today...... Was getting the oil changed in my truck and the dealer is beside Tim's. First time getting other then soup there or coffee. It was pretty good.....

10. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I'm driving my mother up to meet her American friends who are here for the weekend......... I'm going to take them for all you can eat Japanese. Its made to order, so its not bad.... Not the best, but passible. Its the easiest way to introduce people who haven't had Japanese before..............

11. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    KFC Big Crunch. I do this once a year.....delicious!! Had to have a nap after.

12. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    daily special at himalaya.....best indian food in houston !
    and for $13.75 you get served on a cafeteria tray with divots, a plastic table cloth, and no beer.....but the food is fantastic !

13. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Visited a friend doing research at the Library of Congress yesterday. Sonoma restaurant on Capitol Hill. Roasted chicken club and Brussels sprouts.
    (Walked up the hill from Union Station... wow, lots of police around there.)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc likes this.
  14. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Met my parents and their American friends at a local to BC chain restaurant called White Spot. Nothing fancy, had a clubhouse and a coke......

15. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Yesterday was at Harrison Hot Springs and stopped on the way home at the Swiss Chalet beside the A&W there.... Every time I go through the round about on Evans RD going back on the highway. I get behind an RCMP........................

16. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    A Silver thread gave me an idea...... Fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I used wonder bread... I mixed the peanut butter and bananas in a bowl. Just put it into the sandwich. Fried each side golden brown.... Know I now how Elvis got so fat. I tried the sandwich after finding it in Elvis's chefs cookbook.

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Had an Elvis when I lived in Memphis. Like you, I skipped the bacon!

After the excess of the day before, a kale juice (actually the liquid from steaming a bunch of kale), tsp of turmeric, sugar free cranberry juice, 4 big ripe strawberries. Didn't taste too bad. Kept me full until dinner.
    T

18. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    NbyNW likes this.
  19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ Whoa. I'd be in a food coma for the rest of the day, if I had a lunch that big. Everything looks great. Especially the ice cream.
    T

20. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Me too,
    And I was.
    Totally over did it and haven’t eaten since :)
    Company tends to have that effect - it’s only a few more people but you feel the need to make 10x more food!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

21. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Just ordered a pizza from the chain Marco's. Think I've only had it once but I don't remember what it tasted like.

22. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I did a run up to Starbucks to see if any car clubs on a Sunday drive.... It was completely dead of customers. Even the drive thru. So headed over to Tim Horton's. A little busier, but mostly bikers. Grabbed a chicken bacon wrap.

23. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Waiting for the plumbers to install my new built in dishwasher..... Taking too long. When they finish, I'll run up to a Japanese restaurant for sushi take out.

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Slow tradesman. Somethings are universal!

Making my own veggie tofu curry since I'm working from home. Missus is at work, so I can add extra spices without complaint. Excess veggies from the fridge, rough chopped. Curry powder, pink peppercorns, turmeric, red pepper flakes, ginger root diced, mater, tomatillo, onion, zuke, tofu.

T

25. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Carrots, sugar peas, cherry tomatoes, apple, roasted cashews and walnuts (No salt) and 2 cheese sticks.