Pennsylvania Ferrari Concours d' Elegance at the Reading County Club | FerrariChat

Pennsylvania Ferrari Concours d' Elegance at the Reading County Club

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Green308GTSi, Apr 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Green308GTSi

Green308GTSi Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    Good news!

Sunday May 20, 2018

The Penn-Jersey Region of Ferrari Club of America will hold their Annual Spring Concours at the Reading Country Club.

After the closing of the Viva Restaurant at the Reading Country Club there was some doubt if the show would go on but we have been able to work out the details.

The show is open to all Ferrari owners! Come to display or be judged - your choice.

Preregistration is encouraged.

More details to come soon!

For more information Contact
    Barry Cross
    [email protected]
    215-880-0250
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Fmuto42

Fmuto42 Karting

Jul 19, 2015
    Downingtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Coming up in one week!

3. Green308GTSi

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    To all of you weather watchers the Pennsylvania Ferrari Concours d'Elegance is a rain or shine event. We are doing a "Sun Dance" and Sunday's weather will be better. We will be accepting cars for display only on Sunday.

Hope to see you there! Contrary to popular opinion, Ferraris do not melt in the rain...

4. Green308GTSi

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    Amici,

As you all know, the weather this week has been somewhat less than cooperative. But, the show must go on! So, to make our Concours as Ferrari-friendly as possible, we have decided to make some adjustments.

The Reading Country Club has informed us that the inches of rain we've been having this week has left the show field rather soggy. History has taught us that Ferraris and soggy show fields don't mix, so we have decided to move the Concours to the far more Ferrari-friendly macadam surface of the Country Club's parking lot. I know many of you like the ambiance of a grass field but, believe me, a solid surface will make our Ferraris happier, their owners happier, and our judges happier.

This will allow everyone to enjoy the day without concern over the condition of the show field, or the need to spend their weekend repeatedly cleaning their car. And, remember, because Ferraris were meant to be driven, conditions encountered on your drive to the Concours are not deductible from your car's point score.

Other than that, the event will go on as originally planned, including all of the improvements we've made to make the day even more enjoyable for everyone. So, come on out and enjoy the day.

See you there!

Gary Cohen
    Regional Director
    FCA, Penn-Jersey Region

5. Green308GTSi

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    Come Hang Out or Display Your Prancing Horse at Reading Country Club Tomorrow
    Last Minute Tickets for Weathers Watchers Will be Available At the Door

6. chdavis

chdavis Karting

Sep 19, 2015
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Great event today - I actually enjoyed it much more than other years. It seems like the posers stayed home today out of fear their Ferrari would melt in the rain or fitted luggage would be blemished. What was left was a group guys who genuinely enjoy and drive their cars. Really loved talking to everyone.

My 1st, Green308GTSi and E60 M5 like this.
  7. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    I've posted before on this but it would be great if non-owners could somehow be included. The Corning meet in September is doing an event ala Carmel, with cars displayed in a public place. A great idea that could be considered for events like Reading. One other possibility would be to charge public admission with the proceeds going to the club. I understand that some club events need to be private but the cars are an attraction many of us rarely get to see beyond a quick glance as one blasts past.

8. Hobacks427

Hobacks427 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Neil
    A great event Sunday, really impressive people and cars. Thanks to the organizers for all their hard work to make the event happen and function smoothly in spite of logistic challenges going in and to all the folks who brought their cars.

Green308GTSi likes this.
  9. Green308GTSi

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    Hello Sharknose, Anyone can buy a ticket. There is no way we can open a private club to the public. We can't afford to pay for security

10. Green308GTSi

Nov 17, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Barry Cross
    Some Pictures from the Pennsylvania Ferrari Concours d'Elegance. These pictures were taken by Michael Freeman from the Mid-Atlantic Region. Thanks for some great photos

Attached Files:

E60 M5 likes this.
  11. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Fantastic photos, thanks!

Sharknose likes this.
  12. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    Understood and thanks.

13. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    That white TDF is breathtaking

14. The_Pagani_Kid

The_Pagani_Kid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2011
    MD
    Full Name:
    Eli
    What’s even crazier is after checking the VIN apparently that car hasn’t been seen since the 80s and the owner decided bring it out on a rainy Sunday in reading, truly amazing
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

E60 M5 likes this.
  15. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Man, I shoulda been there. These kids and their soccer is really getting in the way of my car guy time.

16. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    The owner just put the rebuilt engine in the thursday prior to the show and fired her up.

He's also apparently a big viper collector as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

17. Pairodice

Pairodice Rookie

Nov 20, 2013
    Gwynedd Valley, PA
    Full Name:
    George