330 GT A/C parts needed | FerrariChat

330 GT A/C parts needed

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by angrywilson, May 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. angrywilson

angrywilson Rookie

Jul 11, 2017
    Las Vegas NV
    I have a '66 330 GT that originally had A/C but has since been removed. I am looking for the condenser box the sits behind the dash if anyone has one for sale. As that is rather unlikely, I would also be interested in someone that has one currently out of their vehicle that I could have copied. I would be willing to pay some fee and provide any collateral that one requires.

Thanks
    Greg

2. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    I'm no expert, but I believe the part behind the dash is the evaporator. The condenser is usually (as on my '66 GTC) in front of the radiator. Unless you have to have an original condenser, the newer ones are far superior and easily sourced in many sizes. I even gave away one that fit my GTC. The evaporator is another story. steve

3. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
  4. angrywilson

angrywilson Rookie

Jul 11, 2017
    Las Vegas NV
    You are absolutely right, it is the evaporator behind the dash. I should have read through my own post.

5. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    #5 330gt, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    You might find some information and pictures to be useful from when I had to fix my evaporator.
    See http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari/AirConditioning.htm.
    You will probably need the foot ducts too. See http://www.parrotbyte.com/kbc/ferrari/AirConditioningDucts.htm.

I may have other pictures of the evaporator that are not on the website if you are interested.

RPM in Vermont put A/C into a 330 GT from scratch. They might be able to help you.

Regards, Kerry

PS, of course, I am interested in knowing more about your car for the 330 GT registry records. Please contact me at info (at) 330gt.com or open a conversation (PM) here on FerrariChat.

6. angrywilson

angrywilson Rookie

Jul 11, 2017
    Las Vegas NV
    Hi Kerry,

You know a lot about my car as I have asked you MANY questions about the 330 since I purchased it last year. Thank you for the links, I am glad to see that it is more complicated than I had originally imagined. :)

I spoke with RPM last year and he has told me what most everyone else has, find the evap box and they can help me from there.

7. Fontana

Fontana Karting

Dec 30, 2006
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    Peter Markowski
    Hello. I have all parts in stock for a GTC A/C system. I made the round louvered vents and at this time am making the chrome rings that go around them. Please let me know if you need anything for 330/365 A/C Parts. Complete "in dash" units (Evaporators) are ready to ship!
    Please call or email but I am not super active on PM's in FerrariChat. [email protected]
    Thank you!