Worst current driver | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Worst current driver

Discussion in 'F1' started by Igor Ound, May 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Worst current driver

1. Eriksson

8 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. Grosjean

64 vote(s)
    35.6%
  3. Hartley

8 vote(s)
    4.4%
  4. Sirotkin

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Stroll

94 vote(s)
    52.2%
  1. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yes, Ham lost championship by 1pt his rookie year and Ville lost by 9

william likes this.
  2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Again, yes Ham lost championship by 1pt his rookie year and Ville lost by 9

william likes this.
  3. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    To come back to the name of Villeneuve, Gilles is worldwide recognised as one of the best F1 drivers ever. An icon, a name never to forget. Treated by Enzo as his own son.....
    Though he didn't win many GP's, nor a WDC..... So strange that 36 years after his death, he is still so much in the minds and hearts of millions of motorsport fans.
    In that sense, Hamilton is just a product of his time, already forgotten while having his succes. Nothing worth to remember really.

4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    F@#$ feelings and emotions! Do numbers! Screw Enzo treating him as his son! Do numbers! Numbers talk! Thats why Schumi will be remembered for most titles. Hamilton has most poles of all time. Schumi and Hamilton have history making numbers, they will always be remembered. Not saying Villeneuve and others were'nt special, THEY WERE, but numbers will keep you in the history books. Save the heart felt speeches, just do numbers!

william and kraftwerk like this.
  5. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Please don't tarnish Gille's name with Jacque's...

Jacque is to Gille as Bruno is to Ayrton. Related, but not the same by any stretch.

375+, chrixxx and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  6. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    #106 Dino2010, May 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2018
    I agree with the numbers!
    Heart felt ....is what makes me watch a GP, is what turned me into a sportscars enthusiast, what morphed me into a diehard F-maniac.
    "Screw Enzo treating...." are words that hurt most of us on a Ferrari forum, I think. People get banned for writing words not meeting PC bullsh.t . But cursing Enzo is OK..... apparently
    I care less for numbers, I do care for racers with a real sports heart and a personality. Hamilton lacks both.
    Well...exactly! And Jacques achieved , in numbers!!, much more than his dad.
    But as I stated before, Gilles is an icon. One of the very best, even if you couldn't read it in numbers.

daytona355 likes this.
  7. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Don't kid yourself. Ham would not have overcome getting teased in karting because of his color to becoming 4x champion if he didn't have heart for the sport

william and kraftwerk like this.
  8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    But the benneton WAS NOT THE BEST CAR, it was 2/3rd. It’s answers your question, so stop trying to change what you asked.

One joke about elton, and now it’s all the usual ******** about the tool, and trying to compare him to the greatest drivers ever, whose boots he isn’t fit to shine

NEP, stavura and Bas like this.
  9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    There we are, now it’s the race card, ready so that if anyone says elton is ****, now we must be racists? Classy. I wasn’t there calling elton racist names in carting, and I frankly don’t care what he did or didn’t experience in carting. I do know that the UK until the mid 90’s was very much less tolerant and PC than it is now, and so people would have got away with teasing using racist terms back them, but it was normal, not out of the ordinary, and my black and Asian buddies are still successful despite going through anything that elton did, and probably worse too

stavura and Bas like this.
  10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Elton did well in the sport becuase he was a fast racer, and had a good cart, just the same as anyone else that did well, and just like when he wins in F1. His colour has nothing to do with it, and is irrelevant. You are baiting people with comments like that.

11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If he doesn’t acknowledge Michael, the greatest ever driver, beat the best car of the year TO THE TITLES in his benneton years, a fact agreed by 100% of F1 to date, then he isn’t going to even acknowledge you said the name of Jacques to his question about rookies, because yet again, his ‘facts’ are found to be made up ******** designed simply to troll ferrari fans and encourage uproar within a thread, no different to toilet, Tesla and the other two muppets a little while ago.

I’d just answer in jest like I do, I couldn’t care less how he feels about the answers, or what he says, I know it’s coming from a rather flawed understanding of F1, and I will never ever be able to even have a tiny bit of respect for anyone that is such a fan of elton as to spout the ******** these guys do

NEP, stavura and Bas like this.
  12. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    You must be out of the loop, because there has always been healthy percentage F1 enthusiasts, that were/are constantly denigrating Michael for being and unsporting driver, and one that requiring a subservient teammate throughout his career. They devalue his 1994 Championship in particular as being linked to illegal engine software run Benetton etc.

I am certainly not one of these people (quite the opposite!) but to suggest Michael was/is universally acknowledged as 'the greatest driver ever' is total nonsense.
    The late (and very famous) F1 Journalist Alan Henry (who incidentally wrote one the best books about Ferrari Grand Prix single-seaters) ridiculously didn't even put Michael in his 'Top Ten' drivers list! :D

Anyway, all great drivers in the internet age - Schumacher, Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel - have been polarizing to some degree...

william and ktu like this.
  13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Grosjean. Whilst I think Stroll is by far the worst driver, Grosjean shouldn't be making the mistakes he does. And for ****s sakes, he's been moaning about the brakes for 4 years now. He can't use them.

Yet another thread turned around centered around Elton by some ****ing fanboi.

timjen88, stavura, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  14. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Ham got picked on, It is what it is bro! Why you gotta try to accuse me of playing a race card?Im just stating facts, he got picked on for his color, it is what is! I had nothing to do with his childhood

william likes this.
  15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I said name a driver who didn't win in a TOP car, not best car. Benneton was a top car, therefore still waiting on you to answer the question

kraftwerk and william like this.
  16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Check the followimg facts and see if i "made them up"

1. 1996 Championship points Villeneuv second place by 9pts
    2. 2007 Hamilton second place in championship points by 1pt
    Ill wait till you do the research

which leads to my first question that nobody answered yet, who had a more successful rookie year than Hamilton?

tifoso2728, kraftwerk and william like this.
  17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Taki Inoue Footwork Hart 1985?:eek:

18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    You where there?

daytona355 likes this.
  19. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    No, were you?

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    How can you make those assumption then? Because elton said so?

daytona355 likes this.
  21. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    kraftwerk and william like this.
  22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Jesus ,what has Lewis got to do with this thread?:rolleyes:

kraftwerk, william and ktu like this.
  23. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    While it's fun to talk about the worst drivers, (where would we be without Massa Sucks, HAM sucks, etc), the debate of best drivers will never end either. BUT, to say just look at the numbers takes away all the fun, since Michael is the greatest. To ignore everything else would take away the love for Fangio, Moss, Stewart, Prost, Senna, etc, so holy crap, if you want the world's shortest thread, then there's the answer: Michael has the most championships, and this year's worst drivers are Sirotikin and Grosjean only because they have no points. With GRO in a better car, then he's clearly the winner, and we're all done!

FORZA FERRARI!

daytona355 and ktu like this.
  24. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Exactly.

Grosjean not only has the better car than Sirotkin, but also has a far longer "history" than the latter.

daytona355 likes this.
  25. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hehehehe, when I was racing, anyone took the piss outta me, I never called my dad and cried, I went on the track, lined up a dangerous pass, and made sure they hit the dirt hard...... not many said anything to my face once I’d taught them a lesson. Being a whiny ***** isn’t an achievement in any walk of life.... just sayin! :)