VR 1 Recorder | FerrariChat

VR 1 Recorder

Discussion in '360/430' started by ModificatoUK, May 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ModificatoUK

ModificatoUK Rookie

May 9, 2016
    Hello all, my car has one of these fitted but I can’t get it to record or upload data back to my USB. Does anyone else have one or know who made the unit. Really frustrating as I would love to use it for track days.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Hopefully someone here will know. I’d try cross-posting in the “tracking” sub forum and in the “technical” sub forum. Both of those cover all models and chances are someone else has that unit in their car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

3. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I've recently acquired one and recall from instructions it requires fat32 format. I'll dig out manual tomorrow and come back.

4. ModificatoUK

ModificatoUK Rookie

May 9, 2016
    I have the manual but the unit doesn’t appear to work as per the manual. The unit switches on, then the green light comes on around a minute later - ready to record, i then flick the switch to record which is supposed to trigger both LEDS blinking (recording video and sound etc to internal SD card). It doesn’t happen...
    Puzzled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    May be size of pen too big to be supported. Try maximum of 4gb partition size with fat32....

6. ModificatoUK

ModificatoUK Rookie

May 9, 2016
    I’m not even getting to the USB drive upload yet. The unit doesn’t seem to record to its own internal SD card so I am at a stage prior to using a pen drive. In the manual it states that you can record up to 2 hours of data which you then transfer to USB via a process. What I can’t get it to do is record in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    Have you turned it off and on again?

Ok, I’ll get my coat :D

8. ModificatoUK

ModificatoUK Rookie

May 9, 2016