This car is a door ding magnet | Page 2 | FerrariChat

This car is a door ding magnet

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by basscapital, May 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I agree with your first sentence. I'll respectfully disagree with your second.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

OK, I'll admit the last one was crazy on my part. I assume the majority of us worked hard to buy these cars. I'm all for managing risk. I park in the remotest spot I can find. I run errands with the Cali at off peak hours. Etc. But, why deprive yourself of an opportunity to enjoy your Ferrari? Sure I worry about parking it at the Kroger, but the twist back roads romp to and from the Kroger more than make up for it!

T

daytona355 likes this.
  2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Yep... cars have grown, but the standards for parking slots are pretty much the same since the 80s.

3. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
  4. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Because I don't want door dings from parents who are more concerned with talking on their cell phones and ignoring their yelling toddlers, who couldn't care less if their shopping cart collides with my Ferrari.

There are countless other places I can enjoy it free from careless distracted morons.

Ira Schwartz, 338Lapua, Jana and 6 others like this.
  5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    LOL. I hear that!
    T

6. brianweekes

brianweekes Rookie

Dec 31, 2012
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Agree with you. I learned the hard way with car shows Assumed people were all car lovers and respectful. People will try and open the door to get inside, and remove Ferrari branded items. Had a broken door handle as a result, when I walked away for half an hour to admire the other cars. Bought myself a camping chair to stay with the car from now on

daytona355 and Clay512TR like this.
  7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Enough!

8. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I was quoted $500 for about 30 dings....but it wasn't a Ferrari....and that's Canadian $$ so about $380 US. It was hail damage, some were deep and looked like golf balls hit the vehicle

9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Sid...Get yourself a Cali/Porto! Ample room for groceries in the boot, and you could probably fit 3 or 4 grid girls in the seats while you drive. :D
    Best wishes...T

daytona355 likes this.
  10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Now there’s a suggestion I like..... it’s why I was happy to get the Bentley when I got I’ll and couldn’t take the g forces in the 458 so easily

tomc likes this.
  11. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Exactly. In my mind there is no reason to put your car in a situation where something could go wrong. I don't walk down the street at night "hoping" someone won't hit me....

Early in my youth a purchased a new Mustang. People would say to me it is "just a car". I replied, yes it is, but if you would like to make the payments then you can tell me not to worry about it.

Wade likes this.
  12. TheDiffuser

TheDiffuser Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser
    Ok I may have the pricing wrong then, thanks for the comparison pricing. I have to note that $380 USD does sound like v good value for 30 PDR dings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    For the record it is a Lincoln Navigator.

14. toshiba

toshiba Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Santa
    happens,

I swear parking spaces use to be bigger, or cars got bigger.. you literally can't get out of any parking space now without holding the door and sliding out. that means busy people, kids, people on phones, not paying attention people, people with stuff on their mind end up dinging doors..

I've dinged doors by accident getting my kid out, and I've literally sat in my car on the phone a couple times, and have had two people ding my door in the last three months... it happens.. because people get a car to go from point A to B, the majority don't get cars that costs as much as some people's houses, so they treat them as such..

what you should do is find some parallel parking or another lot that had a odd big space on it, or get creative in finding that parking spot that is a hidden gem.

this is why my wife says. " you get nice things, prepare to be disappointed.. get cheap things and you don't worry when it gets trashed". it's the law I guess to make us realize were not down here to put emphasis on shiny things.. were down here for our spirits evolution, that you keep. shiny Ferrari in Heaven or wherever you think you go, no...