355 Floor Mats | FerrariChat

355 Floor Mats

Discussion in '348/355' started by Rossocorsa1, May 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I’m looking to buy a simple set of flat bottom carpeted floor mats to protect my original OEM mats. Noting fancy or elaborate. I’d appreciate any advice on a good source. Thank you.

2. suleyman

suleyman Rookie

Apr 22, 2014
    PNW
  3. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Ferrari has a new style f355 mat. I purchased a set of those. A clean simple looking mat with a small f355 emblem on them. The price was reasonable. The mats that came with the car had the bigger horse on them. They were okay, but I didn’t love them. I have the oem mats as well, and they are tucked away. Coach Trim could make a set for you as well. If you do a search, there was a thread or threads on this a while back.

4. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Where did you purchase the new Ferrari mats you referenced? Can you send me your source please? Thank you.

5. FourthAlfa

FourthAlfa Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 15, 2015
    Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Andrew Love
    You can buy them from the ferrari dealer, and there are several being sold (new) on eBay as well.
    Just bought a set myself, they are quite nice and fit well. They come with a plastic fixation kit that is not installed, because apparently there was quite some variation car to car on the location of the fixation points.
    The plastic ones they provide are also not the original metal (90deg turn tab) style, but you can get the original metal style clip kit from stickyRX for example. You will have to install the clips either way so I would recommend going with the original style, as it looks much nicer.

6. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    On those mats, it looks like the logo is actually an F355 Spider logo.

Those who have them, is this “badge” removable?

7. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You can get them on eBay, as Andrew posted. I think I called one of the Ferrari dealers directly. I think I paid around $250 a few years ago. They have different mats for the spider and berlinetta.

8. FourthAlfa

FourthAlfa Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 15, 2015
    Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Andrew Love
    You can get either “F355 Spider” or “F355 Berlinetta”, they are sewn on, so you need to order the right ones. Don’t think I ever saw “GTS” but wasn't really looking either.

9. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Appreciate all the tips. Thank you.

10. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Seams as CoachTrim's good work is a thing of yesterday. If you want custom, I can connect you with someone, Jeff.

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Thanks, Dave. I believe I’ve found what I was looking for.

12. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    I have top of the line plain black Lloyd mats in my car. Excellent, especially for the money (wait until Autoanything puts them on a killer sale). Might be too thick to put on top of your existing mats, but Lloyd makes some thinner mats. I just want something to protect the carpets, and these work great. Don't show my car so don't need to spend silly money on a place to put my feet. :)

Dave rocks likes this.
  13. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Dave, is Coach Trim not doing custom mats or custom interior work any more or has the quality slipped? I have considered using them for my Pantera.

14. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Jimmy - Coach Trim burned me on nearly $8k of work that needs to be redone. It seems Johann no longer works in the shop and one of his sons left (falling out), and his two lead guys also left. Seems the "talent has left the room"

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/looking-for-an-expert-leather-trimmer-with-ferrari-experience.559744/

15. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
  16. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Jimmy - give me a call and I can point you in another direction for your Pantera

17. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Dave, just read the thread that you linked. It is sad and disappointing. We all know people can make mistakes or things can happen, but it is how they are dealt with that makes the difference.

18. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Yep. Sad indeed. I gave Johann all the time in the world and he let me down. I also thought we were friends. I also think if I was local to him and could stop by the shop periodically the story may have a different ending.

He was paid in full long before the work was last completed so aside from small claims, out of state, I have no recourse. Lessons learned.

19. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
  20. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Thank god I did not use them and saw this thread. I missed it when it was new