2018 - FCA Bagels and Ferraris | Page 6 | FerrariChat

2018 - FCA Bagels and Ferraris

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by BassMan, Jan 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Mickey D’s over bagels and Ferraris? Come on man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bball16 likes this.
  2. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    Happy wife, happy life. Will try next time.

Labman likes this.
  3. kevin323

kevin323 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

I passed by around 10 and parking was crazy with whatever holiday event across the street. Figured I'd pass and catch up next time. Heading to Greenwich next week. They're already predicting rain!

Labman likes this.
  4. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I will be there on Sunday

5. DINKFerrariOwner

Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Basso
    Happy Friday

I just signed up to this and want to say hi, and would like to come to a few of these when I can and the weather permits. I am VERY new to this Ferrari world, and looking forward to getting involved if the dam weather would ever cooperate. it looks like this Sunday might be the first nice day. does any one have any advice about this event. like: get there early if you want a spot, Have a front plate, Nassau Cops tend to bother/leave us alone. just thought I would come prepared.

thanks

6. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey Steve there is always parking. Yes have your front plate. We usually fill up around 9-9:15.

7. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    I never have my front plate on unless parked on street. Did I just get lucky with the nassau county cops? Now you got me worried.

8. nart

nart Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    #133 nart, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Weather is now looking OK for tomorrow, for those not going to Greenwich let’s get together for a Sunday Bagels and Ferraris. Due to the previous isssues, it might be adviseable to arrive around 8:30.

9. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes. Be there by 8:30am to get as many spots as possible. Weather looking good. Let’s have a good turnout! Sorry I can’t make it :(

10. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Please don’t forget to post pics here for those that are going today.

11. Transman

Transman Karting

Nov 20, 2016
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ferraro
    Anybody going to bagels this morning

12. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes. Several

13. DINKFerrariOwner

Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Basso
    Sorry could not make it. I had to open the pool and my help came at 9am, not 1pm like I asked them to.

Labman likes this.
  14. DINKFerrariOwner

Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Basso
    I was only asking about the plate, because I got caught up in the May 6th 2018 rally where SCPD shutdown the LIE to give us all $358.00 dollar No Front Plate tickets. what douches!!!!

15. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes. Tell me about it. Was it worth shutting down the entire LIE and causing dangerous conditions for no front plate and window tint tickets??? Still can’t believe that happened. Seems like the surcharges have gone way up and what used to be a $160 ticket has more than doubled. Not sure about Nassau county but I’m guessing it has to be similar.
    So with that my front plate is now on both my Ferraris while driving. When I get to where I’m going I will simply remove it. If anyone needs a front plate mount Carbonio makes them for all models of Ferraris. Easy on/easy off. PM me for a 10% discount code for FCA members.

16. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    Suffolk is much more likely than Nassau to give a ticket for no front plate, but I am aware of instances of the ticket being given in Nassau (but for far less than $358).

I drive regularly in both counties so I just leave the front plate on (Carbonio easily removable no-screw mount) when I'm driving.

I was at the Greenwich Concours so I missed the bagels meet yesterday. I hope there was a good turnout. Looking forward to next Sunday.

Carbonio and cgt000 like this.
  17. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    That's really annoying. I know if I don't put it on, I will get a ticket. But I do hate the look. I guess most people wait til their first ticket before putting it on so I will do the same. Hopefully it means I never have to

18. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Missed you yesterday Hal. A few of us were there at around 10:30am until about 12:30pm

19. DINKFerrariOwner

Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Basso
    I wish I knew that before I dropped the $189 bucks on that dam bracket. hahaha just breaking shoes

20. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    I just got pulled over by the highway patrol cop that ticketed everyone during the Montauk rally.

He said they have orders from above that there is a zero tolerance policy on front license plates.

I would suggest everyone get one, especially in Suffolk county.

21. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    Holy smoke. Sounds likes I need to be a little school girl and follow the rules now

22. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Guys...this Sunday is a special pre Father’s Day Cars @ Coffee at Neiman Marcus in Roosevelt Field Mall. Only FCA and PCA were invited. Cars will be roped off in separate areas. Coffee and a light lunch will be served in the store. Please see flyer and RSVP to the email address listed ASAP. You must RSVP to secure a spot otherwise you won’t be let in.
    Please try to make it. For those that still want to go to Plainview, that is up to you but I feel most will be at this event. Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it. I will be in Montreal for the Grand Prix. Please give this your best effort as I would love to have a nice Ferrari turnout at Neiman Marcus.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

nart likes this.
  23. DINKFerrariOwner

Silver Subscribed

Jun 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Basso

cgt000 likes this.
  24. nart

nart Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    We’ll be going to Neiman Marcus this Sunday.

25. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I’m in Montreal but I heard they are getting lots of RSVPs from us. This should be a real nice gathering. Please post pics!

nart likes this.