Clear Bra | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jennifer488

jennifer488 Rookie

Aug 8, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Has anyone had a clear bra put on the front of their Ferrari? I've had a few people recommend it to me, but I don't want to see lines/edges and I don't want them taking my car apart to wrap the clear liner under the car. Thank you for any responses.

2. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I had my whole front end done along with the mirrors. Originally the installer used the cutout templates, but it left too many obvious lines/edges as you pointed out. I had them remove and reinstall the clear bra using one giant piece. They did a good job free-handing the cutouts and tucking where needed. No part were removed from my car. Just find a good installer.

docf and Greg34 like this.
  3. Greg34

Greg34 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 31, 2010
    Sunset Beach
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Sound advice
    If you are in So-Cal I recommend: https://www.ultimateshield.com/photo-gallery
    Very expensive but probably what you are looking for. They have done several cars for me over the years.

4. JoshVette

JoshVette Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2007
    Grand Prairie/Dallas
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Just ask the installers if they use pre-cut kits or bulk it. Tell them you don't want to see any lines. (keep in mind there are just a few areas on the car that will have a line which are unavoidable) like in between the bumper and fender on that seem, but the rest of it should be able to wrap and tuck under the hood and wheel wells good enough. You can also get the rockers and rear tire edge covered as those are the main areas that take the debris.

Ask them what kind of film they use, warranties? and if it's self healing and stain resistant?

A good clean install by someone who is good runs around $2K here in Dallas area.

http://www.invisibra.net is a really good one in the DFW area.

5. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I had my entire Huracan wrapped. Can't see any lines unless you go looking one inch from the car.

6. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    i had it done on my f430. it looks great. make sure to ask for the entire hood and not have them go half way up because then you can see the lines otherwise you cannot

7. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    First thing I do when I buy a new car is to take it for paint protection film. I like to cover all panels, not just the front. Saves you a lot of worries :)

8. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    I had the entire car wrapped. Looks awesome and super easy to keep clean.

9. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Sylvan Lake Alberta Canada
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    I just had the entire front and rockers done at Eco-Tint in Las Vegas with Llumar and they did a spectacular job. There are no lines all one piece other than at a body panel gap. They also added a few extras at no charge, behind rear wheels, door edge and inside the door handles wear finger nails tend to scratch. $1699 for the Clear Bra.
    I also had Clear-Plex installed on the windshield for $500.
    It all looks great and gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside instead of sickening worry about road debris on this long
    Car-cation
    Op I am currently in LA Hollywood area for the next 5 days if you would like to look at the Clear Bra install on my car.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Just personal preference but did not and will not. I don't like the look.

11. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

My Nero 458 spider was completely wrapped when I purchased the car. I’ve since sold that rig and picked up my 488 spider which is Nero Daytona. I had the car immediately color corrected then had the entire car wrapped with Suntec clear bra with a quartz coating. If you have it wrapped by a pro you will not see any seams. It’s so easy to maintain and you won’t have any swirls etc. Best , Kirk.

12. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    I have it as well.. BUT!!! be careful, they all seem to "yellow" over time. Especially visible on a white, or silver car. If you are covering WHOLE car it is less a factor as its very minimal shift. BUT, if you are only doing parts of car, you will see the color shift from covered to non covered portions, over time. And this is with a HIGH end product "XPEL" going thru the warranty process now to get it taken care of... will see how well they stand behind there "10 year" no yellowing warranty.

13. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Karting

Sep 23, 2009
    Atlanta
    Clear bra is definitely worth the investment for at least the peace of mind. My car is getting a full-wrap to limit exposure.

14. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That's the most gentle vandal that I've ever seen!
    I have my car covered from front to back with the 3M pro stuff. It was on the car when I bought it. I'm glad it has it for the protection benefit, because I'm not sure that I would have spent the money to do it, but I have to say, it doesn't look great. First of all, the installer was not a top installer. I see some stretch marks where it looks like they had to reset it as it was being installed. Additionally, I don't like the product they chose because it adds an orange peel look to the finish.
    If I were to install PPF on any of my cars in the future, I would find a top installer that does perfect (or almost perfect) work and I would use Suntek film. That film looks perfectly smooth and virtually undetectable.

15. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Ya, know... I have mixed feelings on Clear Bras. My 08 430 had one on it when i bought it. It had numerous 'dings' in the bra (I don't know the car's history). i had the PPF removed and the chips went right thru to the paint. So did it prevent rock chips? We'll, certainly not all as there were many that were in the paint. So does it r-e-a-l-l-y work?

I had some paint work done to fix things, and then, I had Xpel Ultimate put on figuring something is better than nothing.

Still on the fence...

16. fga4

fga4 Karting

Jan 2, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jerry Cellilo
    I had my 430 entire front, doors and top done in Sunguard and the only line is halfway down the 2 posts going to the back. Even that is hard to see. Cost me $2500 at APL in SF Bay Area and he included the mirrors and the area behind the rear wheels which I sanded and repainted where the previous owners apparently raced on gravel. Invisible.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Yeah, as far as I know, the bra can’t stop a rock. But it can deflect many. A big enough and direct enough rock hit will cause a break in the paint.

But it may not show as the paint won’t be disturbed until the bra is lifted. Which, as you’ve discovered, may not be until MUCH later...

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    My 07 F430 has Llumar Platinum on about 75% of the car and I don’t have to many nicks yet with 3500 miles on it and none that went through to the paint.
    I also put Clear-Plex on the windshield and I did take a big rock to that. The rock was big enough to make me duck I thought it was coming through. A rock a little bigger than 1” came off the deck of a Big Truck Flat deck and hit just to the right of me. A big WACK and then lots of swearing I stopped and took a look thinking I would have a spider crack starting but the Clear-Plex worked it only had about a 1/4” area that peeled up.
    The Clear-Plex is 4 ml and stronger than the Clear Bra but if it could take that hit with no windshield damage I would think that the Clear Bra will definitely save what would be worse damage than without it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Anyone using clear bra type material on their headlights? That stuff looks to be 8mil.

20. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    that's a great price

21. fga4

fga4 Karting

Jan 2, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jerry Cellilo
    Funny thing. I just got a quote to take off bumper , sand and paint,etc. For $1000. Cheaper than a bra. And the paint shop is a well respected shop.

Sent from my Z1 PRO using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    yes, i have it on the 430 and 2 other cars. 2 were done by Xpel, the third i purchased on eBay and it is thick but went on easily.

23. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Full Name:
    David Garratt