Dino 16" wheels, offsets | FerrariChat

Dino 16" wheels, offsets

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by John Corbani, Aug 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    #1 John Corbani, Aug 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have gotten a lot of interest in the wheels that have been on my Dino for the last 19 years. I finally pulled them and measured front, rear and original spare. Hope the attached will help. Would be nice if others with older cars could do same. Many who love to drive would like to take advantage of newer wheels and tires but there is little hard info out there.

My Dino is a dream to drive. Tires are as large as will fit in standard body. Larger rears are possible with a larger offset. I have tried 250/50 but tires hit outside on bumps while there is another inch inside. Handling got worse and the car does not have enough torque to make a dragster anyway. Pictures can be found in "found proverbial 246 gtb in barn" thread. Search under my name for other posts; some posts have pictures.

John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

absostone likes this.
  2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Offset is not measured from the rim, but from the center of the wheel. That is why you have positive and negative offsets on wheels. Here is a quote from TireRack:
    "The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface to the centerline of the wheel." Here is an image that explains the three basic offsets.

I realize John has passed on and this in no way is meant to disrespect all he did for the Dino community.

Image Unavailable, Please Login