Miura, the original supercar | Page 657 | FerrariChat

Miura, the original supercar

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by joe sackey, Dec 5, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. It was a bit less than CHF 80 million.

2. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    $80M US would be 79,170,519.47 CHF according to XE. Which GTO was it?

3. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I think so.

The person who purchased this GTO will likely show it, rally it, track it, and possibly vintage-race it, if his other vintage and contemporary Ferraris are any indication. It is highly unlikely it will be hidden away or remain static, in fact he'll likely make a point of this. 250 GTO owners are a close-knit community, who benefit from a number of variant-specific regular events such as the periodic 250 GTO Reunions which draw out many of the cars, this epic adventure now factory-endorsed.

The sale is both recent & confirmed, and I was privileged to be informed in person by my client, a 250 GTO owner of 35 years, party to the deal.

4153 GT, ex Christian Glaesel

4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #16404 joe sackey, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Speaking of GTOs, this gorgeous Miura P400 we have sold will join a 250 GTO as stablemate from next week onwards.

FWIW these cellphone images do not do this Miura justice, my wife will do some proper ones this weekend and we'll post them in the high-res format next week

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. vfinaldi

vfinaldi Formula Junior

Wow, simply amazing! Thanks for the information Joe...always a wealth of knowledge!

joe sackey likes this.
  6. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Me driving #3809 near the Nürburgring in 2008! The car was sold 2 years ago to CH.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Joe, the real question is with what is he going to fill the empty spot in his garage?

vfinaldi likes this.
  8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    See you Saturday

My client the gentleman who has been a 250 GTO owner for 35 years still has his, it was a friend of his who purchased 4153 GT from the gentleman who purchased it in 2013. No knowledge on what if anything will fill the void.

Meanwhile, back to Miuras, another fabulous Lamborghini in Luci Del Bosco, this time an SV

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #16409 miurasv, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Joe,

Are you saying Christian Glasel sold #4153GT in 2013 and the friend of your client just purchased it from the 2013 buyer?

10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Steven, I don't want to get bogged down in the Miura thread discussing 250 GTOs per se, the only reason I introduced the subject was to give some perspective to Miura values and to share a fun story confirmed personally to me by my client a long-term 250 GTO owner and, more importantly here, a Miura owner.

However, here is what I know:

4153GT used to be owned by Glaesel and is sometimes referred to as the ex-Glaesel GTO.

It is published as having changed hands circa 2013 for @ $53m, I am not 100% sure if Glaesel himself was the seller.

That said, none of the aforementioned matters to me or what I am now able to share, which is below.

My client's friend (a VIP USA Ferrari collector and large scale industrialist with a world-renowned facility in Illinois) has recently concluded the deal for the purchase of 4153GT for $80 million.

My source has been my USA-based client for 12 years, has been a 250 GTO owner for 35 years, is well-known throughout the car-world as he vintage races his 250 GTO and 250 TR internationally. He is direct with the purchaser, and I regard his information as beyond reproach.

Perhaps of more interest on behalf of this thread, my 250 GTO-owning client is a multiple Miura owner.

Here is how I found out from my client speaking to me on the phone:

"Hey Joe, are you sitting down? My friend XYZ just paid $80 million for GTO 4153GT!"

Just like that.

Naturally I am reluctant to mention the new purchaser's name, but in the Ferrari world it should hardly come as too much of a surprise, and I am sure it will be mentioned online by others soon - not by me though. As I have suggested, the buying gentleman shares his cars at events publicly, so I doubt he intends for this to remain a secret.

Meanwhile, as I have always said, published material matters https://www.rallyandracing.com/en/Racingwebshop/Books/Makes-Cars/Ferrari/Ferrari-250-GTO-The-autobiography-of-4153-GT.html & https://shop.motorsportmagazine.com/product/View/productCode/PP250GTO/ and I daresay it didn't hurt.

11. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Thanks for your reply, Joe. In the Keith Bluemel book you cite above, Ferrari 250 GTO, The Autobiography of 4153GT, published in November, 2016, Christian Glasel, who acquired 4153GT for the Glasel Family Collection in 2002, is stated to be the owner.

12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Got it, I'm focused on the price it has currently achieved as it relates to Miuras which are a bargain by comparison!

13. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    The purchaser of the GTO for the $80MM owns Weathertech. His 250 SWB won best in class at Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este a couple of days ago.

NürScud and joe sackey like this.
  14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Correct.

15. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    David MacNeil then. Congratulations to him!!!

Christian.Fr likes this.
  16. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Right. Clearly many of us are in the wrong business. Who would of known a laser scanned production of high quality floor mats can translate to a stable of priceless cars? What a country!

miurasv likes this.
  17. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The things you can learn in this priceless thread ;)

miurasv likes this.
  18. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    That is the stunning #5100, restored in Germany, supervised by Valentino

19. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The seller was the Gläsel family trust. The sale was handled by Swiss dealer Lucas Hüni and US-auctioneer David Gooding in collaboration.

Now Germany is a rather poor country not having anymo`GTO on its soil.....

20. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  21. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Amazing car. I was offered 5100 a few years ago for a decent number.

Lemacc likes this.
  22. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  23. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    I know it's a long shot but anyone know of any vintage car museums in the US with miura on regular display?

24. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Not in the USA I don't think, where are you located?

25. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    I’m in northern NJ but will also be in Naples Florida on vacation if there is anything around there.

Thanks